1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

buying new gun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by brownie20, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brownie20

brownie20 TS Member

new to the trap shooting game and looking to buy new gun in the price range of 2000-2500 any hope would be great

2. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Beretta 391 or remington 1100 and then have it customized for trap shooting.

The only other gun in the range you are talking about that comes to mind is the BT 99.

Joe

3. spritc

spritc Active Member

You can buy a new Browning XT adjustable in your price range. Try the link above.

Steve

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

TRY TRY TRY as many guns as you can. You will find some better than others. I shot every shot gun Pump,O/U, single Auto's that I can get my hands on for about a tear. The XT and citori trap models always seem to just come to me better than most. I got mine used 1500.00 with americase! wouldnt have it any other way.....well if it wasnt for $$$$.

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Buy a used gun. Shoot it before you buy it. If it breaks the targets and is user friendly you can consider buying it. HMB

6. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Doubles or singles gun?

7. RAScott

RAScott Member

If you have the ability to go to some local shoots you can look and try the guns that the venders and misc. people are selling. I bought my last gun a 687 about 2 months ago. Then I bought another. 2 weeks ago. @ the grand. when I had it shipped,... the woman with the ffl said wasn't the gun you bougfht a couple of moths ago your last gun ? HAHAHAHAHA! ENJOY.

8. buckshot

buckshot Active Member

Ive got a Ljutic Mono 34 in release trigger, nice shape
    <a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d189/trapshooter50/?action=view&current=MVC-247F.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    have more pics if interested, call me at 586-322=9282

Ser # 1779, LOP 15 inches with straight stock, with existing pad, full choke with the 738 bore 33pts of constriction, has a release trigger, but can be put back to pull, $1950.00 Tom Nowak.

9. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

I know I'll get a lot of flack over this, but a new SKB 85TSS combo can be had for less than $3000. A used one would be less.

10. brownie20

brownie20 TS Member

iam looking at bt99 would you go with a plain one or the grade 3

11. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I have an XT with lots of extras in very good shape if you think you interested I can get you details and photos. But you can't go wrong with a BT. Jim W

12. spritc

spritc Active Member

Grade 3 won't make it shoot any better unless it fits you better than the plain Jane.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.