1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Buying my first trap gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hopalong, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hopalong

Hopalong TS Member

I am looking for a good trap combo to shoot doubles and singles. I have been looking at the Browning unsingle combo. I need to keep price at 4000.00
    Art Emke

2. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

go for it there are plenty new combos out there for under 4000 go to gunsunlimitedomaha.com

3. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Take a look at the Joel Etchen 687 combo. I have one and wanted a Cynergy Combo but could not get one. I was at my club and a guy let me shoot his JE unsingle and I bough one the next day. Browning are good gun. But in the same price range the Beretta I think is a better deal.
    http://www.joeletchenguns.com/687trapspecialpage.htm

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Check out the Beretta 687 and 682 combo's.

Curt

5. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

<a href="http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/drhuner/?action=view&current=GunsUnlimited.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

6. racer

racer TS Member

I suppose it wouldn't help to suggest buying any type of good used trap gun to get started with, and develop a better understanding of what you need/want. A good fitting 1000 dollar gun and 3 grand worth of extra practice will put alot more x's on the score sheet than a four grand gun and two boxes of shells a week. But buying guns and stuff is all part of the fun- Dan

7. KS user

KS user TS Member

I have seen both the browning un-singlecombo,anthe beretta ,and the beretta in my opininion is the superior gun.Brandon

8. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

SKB ever enter your thoughts?

9. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

There's a great buy here being sold by Shooting Coach. MX8 Special for $4,000. This gun is worth more but that's what he wants for it. You'll never lose a dime on it, plus it's a beautiful example of a Perazzi, great wood an lifetime gun. If I bought it I would put $4,500. on it and get it.

Seek it out here. Good luck, Barry.

10. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

The main thing is that the gun fit you and that it feels like a part of your body. Adjustable combs and recoil pads can make almost any gun fit you. Try shooting as many different guns as you can. Look for that one that "just feels right". Take a hard look at used guns, as you will find there is some real great buys out there. Make sure you get any used gun checked out for wear and tear and alterations before you buy it. Good luck on your quest. Bill Malcolm

11. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Hi,I have to agree with Beretta687EELL go try the gun you think you want at a well stocked store before spending a dime.It is imperative that the gun fits YOU well and you like it.Each gun has a little different feel and this could make you pick one that "feels" better to you.You could go the the store wanting a Beretta and end up with a Browning.Good luck.

12. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

you must at least roam around joels web site, great guns all types and $$ range

13. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

How about a K80 combo the o/u barrel has a high rib and the top single has a moneymaker adjustable rib on it. Soft Touch stock double release triggers. I broke 100 straight doubles with this gun in 2005 at the Grand American and ended up 3rd after the shoot offs.
    Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

buying first trap gun

what to look for when buying firdt trap gun