1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Buying guns at the Grand?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bisi, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I've decided to buy another gun. Over the years I have purchased guns at the Grand when it was in Ohio. Back then it was just pony up the money and take the gun. I purchased guns from "Guns Unlimited", "Jaquas", "Roger Jack" and like I said pay the money and take the gun. How will it be in Ill? Can I take the gun home from the "Grand" or do I have to have it shipped to firearms dealer?

Does anybody know if the "Sparta Grand" charges a percentage to it's vendors? I was wondering if it would be cheaper to buy direct from a vendor in their home state than purchasing at Grand in Ill? Example - would it be cheaper to buy said gun from "Jaquas" in Ohio, than "Jaquas" in Sparta.

I'm assuming "Jaquas" will be in Sparta.

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

If you really want to know, why not call Jaqua's in the morning and ask them?

Ed Yanchok

3. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

Jaqua's was not at the grand last year. There are some special rules for buying guns. The gun dealers had to have some special permit in order to sell guns at the Grand. The ones that did not have the permit could still show guns and work out deals but could not sell a firearm there. I did buy a Ljutic from Gray's shotgun cache because he had one of the permits. I thought he said they actually had to have an FFL with an Illinois address. He had one even though he is actually from Texas.

4. new loader

new loader Member

Jaquas was there in the permanent mall down by Mec. With them it was pay your money, instant background check, out the door. I guess it was easier than buying from Illinois dealer. Did they have a 24-hour wait on long guns?

5. saluki68

saluki68 TS Member

If you have it shipped to a FFL in another state you don't have to pay the IL sales tax dealers at the Grand are required to charge if you take it with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.