1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Buying Gun Companies

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WCR, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WCR

WCR TS Member

Got this via e-mail from a friend of mine. It looks like something being passed around. You may have already seen this.

TRY TO BUY AMERICAN

PAY ATTENTION PEOPLE.

GEORGE SORO IS THE MAIN REASON WE'RE IN THIS MESS WITH OBAMA AND AMERICA IS IN THE AWFUL SHAPE THAT IT'S IN.

I GOOGLED GEORGE SORO AND WHAT I READ SCARED ME.
    SOMETHING YOU MAY NOT KNOW THAT IS HAPPENING

Who is buying companies, manufacturing guns ?????

For the last several years a company called The Freedom Group has been
    buying up gun and ammunition manufacturers. Some of the companies are Bushmaster, Marlin, Remington, DPMS, Dakota Arms and H&R. Some people worry that this Freedom Group is going to control most of the firearms companies in the United States . If you control the manufacturers you can decide to stop selling to civilians. What a perfect way to control guns.

Now if you do some digging you will see that The Freedom Group is owned
    by a company called Cerberus Capital Management.
    Guess who controls Cerberus??? GEORGE SOROS !!!!!!!!! One of the
    most evil men on this planet who wants to restrict or ban all civilian guns.

Please pass this on to all your freedom loving friends. This needs to come out. Why have we not heard about this in the "mainstream" media? I would
    think this would be BIG news. (Soros also owns Progressive Insurance)

If you don't know who George Soros is, you need to do some
    research. He backed Obama with millions of dollars and
    Obama is a puppet on a string controlled by Soros .

Send this to every gun owner in America .

2. Champion II

Champion II Active Member

WCR, Soros doesn't control Cerberus or Freedom Group You are full of S---!!! Where do you idiots come up with this BS. Shoe bumpers and sheep herders.

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Cerberus is a private company owned by Steve Feinberg. The CEO is former Treasury Secretary John Snow.

The CEO for the Freedom Group is Theodore Torbeck, and the CFO is Steven Jackson.

Wayne

4. Tedky

Tedky Member

Snopes.com

Q: Does George Soros own the company buying many firms that make guns and ammunition?
    A: No. Contrary to a fanciful claim made in a viral email, the Freedom Group is not linked to the liberal billionaire. The National Rifle Association says the real owners are “strong supporters” of gun rights.

5. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Sure hope Tedky is correct, also hope (& pray) that everyone here on T.S. is a member of N.R.A. and any other groups that support out "RIGHTS" Ross Puls

6. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Friday, October 14, 2011

Recently, an old rumor regarding Cerberus--the private equity firm that owns Freedom group, a holding company that in turn owns a number of firearms manufacturers, including Remington, Marlin, Bushmaster, and DPMS--was in some way tied to George Soros.

This rumor is completely false and baseless.

NRA has had contact with officials from Cerberus and Freedom Group for some time. The owners and investors involved are strong supporters of the Second Amendment and are avid hunters and shooters.

In reality, at no time has George Soros ever been a part of the ownership group of Freedom Group or Cerberus, and as a privately traded corporation, there is no possibility that he will be in the future.

This unsubstantiated rumor has caused a great deal of unnecessary concern for gun owners. NRA-ILA urges our members to take great care before repeating baseless rumors found on the Internet.

Copyright 2011, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.
    This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.
    11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030 800-392-8683

7. WCR

WCR TS Member

This was one of those e-mail things being passed around I thought it might not be fact. I posted it here and went on surfing other threads and it only took 14 minutes to find out for sure that it was BUNK.

Thanks guys.

8. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Fact check, Snoopes or Google are WONDERFUL things!

blade819

9. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

Theodore Torbeck is no longer CEO of feedom group as of Sept.2011 according to my information.

Had some fun with the Rem. guys at the Grand when I introduced myself.
    They really snaped to and were real attentive.

Finally told them I didn't know the guy. Could be a distant relative, or not.

Ed. Torbeck

10. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Oh for sh!t's sake, will this zombie not die????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.