1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BUYING A NEW KOLAR

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Hawgduo, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Hawgduo

Hawgduo Member

I just ordered a new Kolar MAX TA from Jim Cryan in Reno NV. I must say that he made it an experience of a lifetime. He was very patient and full of knowledge about the gun including helping me pic the right stock and grade of wood. If anybody is in the market for a new Kolar look him up he is the best of the best. Thanks Jim it was a pleasure.

2. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jim is one of the good guys and is an official Kolar Dealer. He will go above and beyond to find you the right gun and can set up a fitting with Jeff in Racine too. Highly recommended.

Eric Olson

3. TjayE

TjayE Member

I remember meeting one of the first Kolar dealers. Pete McCall from Kentucky, is Pete still around? Tom

4. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I met Pete at the Grand in Vandalia. I really likes him. I called him several times a year just to say "Hey". Pete suffered an eye problem about the same time I did. However his probl;em was in both eyes and he had seriously degraded vision. Last time I spoke to Pete was a couple of years ago. He was still working on Kolars.

To Hawgduo,

Enjoy your Kolar. I certainly have enjoyed mine! I love the gun but since I have stopped shooting "registered", I have been thinking of selling it. Well, nothing good lasts foreever!

5. Hawgduo

Hawgduo Member

Sorry to here that birddogs, but I can't hardly contain my excitement. I finally can move up to a big boy toy. I just hope my scores improve enough to justify the purchase to my wife LOL

6. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Regardless of your scores which I do believe will improve, you will get a great deal of psychic satisfaction from shooting such a fine gun.

I recently modified my Kolar stock by installing a tapered spacer to add down-pitch. I find that it made the gun feel even softer shooting than it always was.

7. Hawgduo

Hawgduo Member

TTT for Jim

Search tags for this page

jim cryan kolar