1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Buying a new gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Browningshooterxt, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browningshooterxt

Browningshooterxt Member

I'm wanting to buy a new trap gun have 2000 to 2500 to spend any help on what to buy thanks

2. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

Ive got a nice 870 Id be willing to sell for $2500. I took all the misses out of it already. Ill send you my address for payment.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

find a nice 90T and have money left and be happy too

4. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Plenty of people with good advice here on TS.com

1. Tell what you are currently shooting and what you want to shoot.

2. Just trap... Singles, Handicap, Doubles, Bunker? Will you shoot skeet or sporties at all?

3. How about your current experience level?

A little basic background and some people here can steer you in the right direction... If at all possible you really want to shoot the gun (or a similar model) before you buy it.

SW

5. Bwana64

Bwana64 Member

How about a Perazzi TM1 for $1800. Money left over for ammo.
    Tom
    bwana64_2012_080521.jpg

6. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

I'd have to agree start out with a good auto, but don't overlook the browning gold series. You can break a lot of clays with them. The best trap gun for the money is the Browning pump trap IMHO. Bill

7. 548

548 Guest

Beretta 682 Gold E combo - used

8. bkt514

bkt514 Well-Known Member

That TM-1 looks pretty nice.....run it through Giacamo's and you will be set for a long time. You could get a nice SKB 85TTR for around $3000, and you won't be disapointed either!

9. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

TM1 is an excellent choice for singles.

10. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

There is a Browning XT on here for $1650. Shoot singles, doubles, handicap, and due to interchangeable choke tubes...sporting clays and five stand. Decent resale. Anything that goes wrong, Skeet's Gun Shop can fix.

Before somebody jumps on me, I am not saying this gun is superior to the high end trap models, just that they are a good gun for the money. Martinpicker

11. high 2

high 2 Member

I'm with Martinpicker. The Browning will work for just about any shooting I can think of. If you ever decide to trade guns or sell it will be worth almost if not all of what you gave for it. Parts are readily available, and lots of goods gunsmiths that can work on it if needed. Plus the price is in your budget.
    Larry

12. willing

willing Member

Does his sign-on name ring any bells??

Bill

Bill

13. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Used Ljutic; can be moldy and oldie, but can be like new with a run through of service at Ljutics. I consider any loose or old Ljutic a serviceable "core"...

And the possibly troublesome Ljutic is only that way due to owner neglect over many, many, many years. Oh, and they shoot well too!!!

14. C-Money

C-Money Active Member

Look around at some of the bigger shoots coming up and try some out! TM-1s, XTs, Ljutics, Berettas, lots of superb options in the price range you are looking to spen. Have fun shopping, and find one that you shoot well!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.