1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Buyers/traders beware on here

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bigdave35180, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdave35180

bigdave35180 TS Member

I would encourage all people that use this site to either know who you are dealing with personally or do research to try to establish information about someone on TS.com before transacting any business. I put in an ad here about six weeks ago looking for a shotgun barrel and received a response by another member and worked up a trade for something he wanted that I had even for the barrel. I shipped my part of the trade on Jan. 11 and it was received by him on Jan. 13. After two weeks and no barrel arriving, I contacted him through the messaging system here and he said he had some trouble and had been going to doctors and he would get it off the next day. After three more weeks I had still not received the barrel, I Googled his name and it took me to another web forum and he had done the same thing to others on heavy diesel parts, but one of the jilted buyers found out his name, cell phone number, and e mail address and posted it on their site. I used this info to contact him and he gave me some cock and bull story about why he hadn't sent it. After two more contacts he said he shipped it but I haven't seen anything yet. So I just caution everyone to not just go on blind faith......

2. justanother99

justanother99 Member

So who is it?

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Post the name...helps us to at least know one cheater

4. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Name/handle???

5. bigdave35180

bigdave35180 TS Member

Hoss Evans(Evansdieselperformance)
    Twin Falls, Idaho

I also have the address, phone number, and e mail address if anyone else has gotten burned....If you need it contact me..or you can just Google his name and it comes up under the diesel forum of the people he burned there....thanks....David

6. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Call his local police department.

7. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I am always leery of the "drop in" guys or the newbies that stop here! There are tons of guys here other than Schwakie and Shelly that I would deal with in a heartbeat! Tom Rhoads

8. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

You can call and file a police report on him. I got a crook taken care of that way.

9. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Twin falls is about 120 miles from me. If there is anything I can do to help you out I would do what I can.

10. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

tcr1146, this is one of the issues with a homemade website forum compared to other styles. There is no individual post counts or feedback ranking to know who is who, how long they have been here or what others have said about them and their dealings.

Bryan

11. crusha

crusha TS Member

But...those other forum formats are _so_ gay...

12. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Oh, come on Buzz...embrace it, accept it....love it.

13. bigdave35180

bigdave35180 TS Member

Well if I never get the barrel it will be a good lesson to me to not be so trusting of people on the net...I guess I just expect people to do what they say they will.....as a matter of fact I am going to still try to think that way...if only because I think that is the way it should be....

14. darincraft

darincraft Member

I was getting ready to post the same thing. I posted a thread looking for an 1100 barrel and I got two emails from some guy saying he saw my post on here. He said he lived in the UK claimed to have the barrel I wanted. His was obviously a scam so I didn't fall for it, but it sounds like yours appeared to be more legit. I'm sorry this happened to you.

15. concordefamily

concordefamily Member

Like others said, call the local Police department. Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but does Mail Fraud (a felony) come into play in a situation like this?

16. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

darincraft, i got the same email from a kevin .mcfarlane from the uk saying he had the browning barrels i want and have posted on here. i told him to send me pics and price and of course he has no pics. typical scam
    Chris

17. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I have done many transactions on this site ranging from $10-$15 up too $ 2700
    never a real issue ( I did by a model 12 that was less than described) but we came to a aggrement on that also.I also had good luck trading with Jim out in Washington state and most recently Ron in Idaho, Ed Clapper,Wally and Bernie.Have I been lucky??? Not sure sometimes even a email can sound fishy. I follow the 80/20 rule here its 99.9-.1 there is always a BUM in the crowd.
    Jim

18. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have bought and sold on this site. Maybe I was lucky but everything went smooth. John

19. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Bigdave'

Sorry to hear of your less than stellar trade. This site has always been a good place to buy and sell and unfortunately this happens from time to time. I hope this person makes good on his end. Thanks for posting this persons handle. Calling the local police department of his residence might be a good thing to do. If he did this under the context of a business transaction there could be another set of laws come into play.

There is a reason why I never post an email address on my threads. Scammers watch this site because of its traffic volume. That and with their handle you can use the search feature to find out a little more about them.

ss

20. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Search first is a good idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.