Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buyers/traders beware on here

10K views 60 replies 48 participants last post by  BrowningPotato 
#1 ·
I would encourage all people that use this site to either know who you are dealing with personally or do research to try to establish information about someone on TS.com before transacting any business. I put in an ad here about six weeks ago looking for a shotgun barrel and received a response by another member and worked up a trade for something he wanted that I had even for the barrel. I shipped my part of the trade on Jan. 11 and it was received by him on Jan. 13. After two weeks and no barrel arriving, I contacted him through the messaging system here and he said he had some trouble and had been going to doctors and he would get it off the next day. After three more weeks I had still not received the barrel, I Googled his name and it took me to another web forum and he had done the same thing to others on heavy diesel parts, but one of the jilted buyers found out his name, cell phone number, and e mail address and posted it on their site. I used this info to contact him and he gave me some cock and bull story about why he hadn't sent it. After two more contacts he said he shipped it but I haven't seen anything yet. So I just caution everyone to not just go on blind faith......

#5 ·
Hoss Evans(Evansdieselperformance)
Twin Falls, Idaho

I also have the address, phone number, and e mail address if anyone else has gotten burned....If you need it contact me..or you can just Google his name and it comes up under the diesel forum of the people he burned there....thanks....David

#10 ·
tcr1146, this is one of the issues with a homemade website forum compared to other styles. There is no individual post counts or feedback ranking to know who is who, how long they have been here or what others have said about them and their dealings.

Bryan

#13 ·
Well if I never get the barrel it will be a good lesson to me to not be so trusting of people on the net...I guess I just expect people to do what they say they will.....as a matter of fact I am going to still try to think that way...if only because I think that is the way it should be....

#14 ·
I was getting ready to post the same thing. I posted a thread looking for an 1100 barrel and I got two emails from some guy saying he saw my post on here. He said he lived in the UK claimed to have the barrel I wanted. His was obviously a scam so I didn't fall for it, but it sounds like yours appeared to be more legit. I'm sorry this happened to you.

#17 ·
I have done many transactions on this site ranging from $10-$15 up too $ 2700
never a real issue ( I did by a model 12 that was less than described) but we came to a aggrement on that also.I also had good luck trading with Jim out in Washington state and most recently Ron in Idaho, Ed Clapper,Wally and Bernie.Have I been lucky??? Not sure sometimes even a email can sound fishy. I follow the 80/20 rule here its 99.9-.1 there is always a BUM in the crowd.
Jim

#19 ·
Bigdave'

Sorry to hear of your less than stellar trade. This site has always been a good place to buy and sell and unfortunately this happens from time to time. I hope this person makes good on his end. Thanks for posting this persons handle. Calling the local police department of his residence might be a good thing to do. If he did this under the context of a business transaction there could be another set of laws come into play.

There is a reason why I never post an email address on my threads. Scammers watch this site because of its traffic volume. That and with their handle you can use the search feature to find out a little more about them.

ss

#21 ·
Bigdave:: Sorry to hear about your problem, & happy to hear you say that you are still going to try to do things the honorable way. I have bought & sold many things here on TS over the past few years, every thing I bought (traded) was as described or better I hope the other parties were as satisfied as I was because I really think we have a very trustworthy group here.--Ross Puls

#23 ·
I also have listed , sold and purchased on here and never a bad deal . I would be cautious of names or handles that are not common . Listing those that you have been burned by is a good idea but there have been some problems doing this as a health issue may have stopped some from completing there obligation , others are just screwing us .

#24 ·
I have no problem with anyone questioning my intentions or posting a thread asking anyone if they either know me or have dealt with me before.

I don't think any honorable TS.com member would be offended by someone wanting to check-up on them.

If they are offended, then just don't deal with them.

I think most people here value their integrity more that than a few hundred dollars if not a few thousand.

Of course there's no guarantee that you still won't get burned, but the chances are certainly decreased.

I feel your pain Big Dave, I think we've all paid a price for similar lessons.

Craig

#25 ·
I noticed thru a search on here that this guy had posted numerous times in the "For Sale" section. Seems every post he made was a Want to Buy or Trade post. Evidently he was lurking here waiting for someone to take the bait. He had posted that he wanted 90T recievers, barrels, stocks, forearms amoung other guns he asked for trades. I imagine the same thing would have happened in those deals.

Its a shame as i have had nothing but good buy/sell deals here.

Matt

#26 ·
Thanks for the info as posts like this are the only negative feedback tool we have,this buyer made an trade offer on something of mine on here it easily could have been me who got burned.Sorry it happened to you this is a great site,I've got burned by sellers on ebay twice and never received my goods so it can happen anywhere.Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.