1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Buyer's Remorse?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by BT-100dc, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Buyer

As a gun owner, there is no doubt that this president will be your biggest threat to your gun ownership, ease of purchasing ammo or components, and other schemes to make gun ownership more expensive. I didn't vote for any anti-gun candidates, have not in the past, and will not in the future. I know there are Obama supporters on this blog and I would like you to comment how you can separate your love for guns and your love for Obama and why isn't that a disconnect. I am not a supporter of the new New York law nor any restrictions on the ban on assault weapons (whatever that is), 30 round magazines nor background checks for non-dealer sells nor ammunition. Also, no support for banning lead ammunition or forcing a gun owner to buy any type of insurance. As an ex-employee of a Federal law enforcement agency, I believe that criminals should not be eligible for parole if a gun was used in their commission of a crime of violence. Also, mandatory sentences for gun violence. Also, no laws should be passed that will force citizens to comply or risk being a criminal. These law changes are infringements on our Constitutional rights; i.e., New York has violated your 2nd Amendment rights. BT100dc

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

How much did the Trial Lawyers give the Democrat Party in NY????

The only people to benefit what is going on are the Trial lawyers. Can you just imagine how many court cases are going to get filed!!!

Ka-ching Ka-ching!!

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Hell, midilake thinks Obama deserves a raise!

4. 548

548 Guest

I don't imagine that gun owning democrats would vote for a republican because of this single issue when there are so many more important issues your vote will represent. I have faith in the American public to consider all the issues when voting.

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear 548

The Second Amendment keeps the other ones in place. The next ones to fall after the Second will be the First, Fourth, Fifth, and Fourteenth Amendments.

This includes YOUR right to espouse the irrational fears and beliefs of the Liberal mindset, not have to submit to unreasonable search and seizure, not have to incriminate yourself in court, and be protected by Due Process of Law.

I would consider this cardinal in my preference for anyone in office. Remember, the Second Amendment is NOT about Sporting use of Firearms.

If there is a disruption in food or fuel supplies, I can last a few weeks. If forced to defend home an hearth, I am able. If I need money, I can work. I don't do welfare, and even being an American Indian, am the wrong color to get welfare.

I choose to be an Armed Citizen rather than an Unarmed Subject (subject to the will of the Govt', right or wrong).

I served my country so folks could have their own opinions, even if I don't share them.

I do not hate our President, but I do fear what he hopes to achieve for our country. Old folks do not like change, and I do not like the idea of changing our nation to suit those who would not support it, nor themselves.

6. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

...............just so they don't mess with my 21st Amendment!!

;)

7. Straight50

Straight50 Member

Excellent post Coach!

8. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

Coach,

very nice reply, forward and to the point,,

Doug

9. Dave K

Dave K Member

Not saying what my politics are, but it appears as if our freedom of speech is our problem. With all the negative talk from the talking heads on TV and in the news, why is there so little speech about gun ownership? I know I am talking to choir, but every gun hater talks about the evils of the gun and not the evils of the evil.

10. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Its gun owners that voted for da man TWICE that perplexes me..even if guns were a non issue...its like keeping a broken toaster and expecting to get anything other than still white bread out of it???

11. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

It is a pity Calvin, but there are people who are so blind they will vote for who ever their party puts up there or because of the color of their skin

I would vote for a green Martian if it had the best sounding plan and it seemed like it honesty would implement that plan

But after the Martian was in DC for a week it would probably become as corrupt as the rest of the tribe there

12. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I would expect nothing less from 845 or his buddies!@ Tom Rhoads

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    548, quote: <i>"I don't imagine that gun owning democrats would vote for a republican because of this single issue when there are so many more important issues your vote will represent. I have faith in the American public to consider all the issues when voting."</i>

You mean issues like more entitlements, unbridled illegal immigration, onerous tax increases, giving health care coverage to everyone by jacking taxes and rationing service, cutting benefits to troops, forcing employers to hire felons, causing more unemployment, wasting vast sums of money, massively increasing the deficit, getting rid of Fourth Amendment rights, coddling criminals, selling weapons to drug lords, instituting policies that jacked up fuel costs, trying to force the coal industry out of business, welfare for General Motors, re-initiating the same mortgage policies that wrecked the economy in the first place, the list goes on and on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.