1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Buyers Remorse?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FarmerD, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

I just purchased a 2 year old MX-10 RS combo unsingle 34/32, with two double release triggers, one being a new precission gold trigger and stocked with a Moe Bragg adjustable soft touch stock for 10K. 99% wood and metal. Opinions ? Good buy or poor buy. Thanks Richard

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

That was a crappy buy but I'll help ya out and give ya 12K for it right now.

KKKKKKKKKKKKk ... ya can keep the small "k" for your troubles.

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The best part, Richard, is you're reasonably close to Bragg's dungeon in case you need to fix the soft touch down the road. BTW, FYI, the "Snapshot" pre-emergant I tracked down seems to be just what I was looking for...breakemall....Bob Dodd

4. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Bob, glad that you got your weeds killed. Any good PITA shoots in my vicinity in the near future?

Thanks for the responses, I thought it was a good deal but didn't have a handle on the resale value. The gentleman told me he had 11.5 K in the gun before the stock and trigger. Richard

5. badminton

badminton Member

.....and all this time I thought FlaLagarto was my friend. Now I have buyers remorse.

Kelly

6. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Richard, are you complaining or bragging?

I'll help you out and offer you $9,500 if all the other buyers fall through. Sounds like a smoking deal to me.

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Richard, you've got Madras shoots in August, 25 and 26 and September 22 and 23. These are the most likely months for low wind and high temps as you should know. Haven't seen programs yet but the Sept. shoot generally has been a 16, hcp, doubs day followed by 3 handicaps on Sunday. I'll make at least one of them, likely September since August is already family trip commitments. I'll need the extra time to save up the cash for Sept.<;-). Jefferson County Rod and Gun is easy to find, blue sky background, there are motels, club has an adequate kitchen, usually a BBQ, and they're gearing up for the ATA State Shoot next year so maybe some improvements in the works. I'm a distant member....Bob Dodd

8. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

I have heard that there is a sometimes fitting issue with precision triggers and that they will not always work correctly with the ejectors. Further, I heard that if you change the ejectors for the new trigger, the old trigger will not work. I don't have the facts, just stories, but at this moment in time, I would want to know for sure before I bought a precision trigger. In my opinion, you are buying a used gun, you are not reimbursing someone for aftermarket features that they bought but you do not care about. If you reimbursed someone for the trigger group and stock work, you overpaid.

9. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

Geez...and I had buyer's remorse after buying (another) stone - mint Browning XT trap for $1550. Might have to be a suicide watch if I ever could spend $10K on a trap gun. Best Regards, Ed

10. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

If you doubt what I posted regarding aftermarket mods, think about buying or selling a rifle - to the buyer of a used rifle, the scope, barrel crowning, and trigger work are free.

11. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Oh, I've already bought the gun and the both triggers work in it. I was more interested in finding out if I made a good deal. Perhaps a little bragging as well as I've never spent that kind of money on a gun before. I guess I will have to sell a few more ton of alfalfa. Thanks Richard

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If anyone is interested in a Perazzi MX-2000, I have a nice one for sale ... It has a brand new Americase (Model 2017) 34" unsingle (adjustable rib), 32" over/under (fixed rib) with fixed chokes,upgraded wood, no porting, the gun is top shape with all of the booklets and instructions ... I have had the gun for about 4/5 years and have shot it very little ... The gun is nice and tight with no bluing wear (I shoot with gloves) and is taking up valueable space in my gun safe ... I have a PFS on the gun, the gun can be sold with or without it ...
    $9,000 / $9,700 with the PFS and parts kit plus shipping and insurance to your FFL ... Must have an ATA number and verifiable address and phone number ... There will not be any buyers remorse with anyone who buys this gun ... Have pictures that do not do the gun justice ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Remove the X's ...

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

to the top ....

14. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Damn, if I hadn't bought that cherry MX-10 RS combo, I would jump on it and still would probably had buyer's remorse. RG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.