1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Buyers Beware of this Guy in Ca.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 4xFergi, Aug 4, 2013.

1. 4xFergi

4xFergi Member

Buyers Beware if dealing with a guy named Lane out of San Diego area. I was told about a Perazzi MX2000/10 that he had for sale. After talking to him on phone we agreed on price and were suppose to meet this past Saturday about half way (we are 6 hrs. apart). I talked to him a couple of times thru out the week and told him I had cash in hand and he assured me deal was on and gun was considered sold. At 8:30pm Friday he called and told me that a guy had showed up to his door and he sold gun to him. I could not believe what he was telling me after we had a deal. As far as I'm concerned this guy's a real douchbag and has no credit to his name. He then said I should not be mad at him, but mad at the guy that give me his number. Buyers beware of this snake!!
    I guess I should be happy he didn't have me drive the 3 hrs. before calling me.

2. Hookedonshooting

Hookedonshooting TS Member

Ditto. Calling you lets him off the hook in my book. Bird in hand ya know? and saves him the 6 hr trip in the car (3 each way). Hope you find another one. In these times, it should not be that tough. No one has any money. You are in a good position.

3. glenns

glenns Member

why would a guy suddenly show up at his door? So he must have been negotiating with at least two buyers simultaneously. He should have kept his word with you and told the other guy he was a back-up buyer. I'd say you have a right to be annoyed.

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

4XFergi.... The man was a gentleman to call you and explain the circumstances. Who knows his financial situation at the time of this sale? Maybe he really needed the money, and, cash in hand is always better than hoping your deal will work out. What if the gun was not to your liking, and wasn't what you wanted? Would you have bought it anyway? I think not. I just had the same thing happen on a boat I was going to buy. I was going to have to drive 4 hours to see it, and couldn't make the drive for about 4 days. Seller said they would hold it for me. Short story: The seller sold the boat locally for his asking price 2 days before I was going to get it. In this case, it worked for both of us as I was going to offer him a little less than his asking price since I had the cash in my pocket. Was I disappointed? Yes, I was. Would I have done the same thing if it were me? Probably.... You know the old saying, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Now, if you had sent him a deposit to hold the gun, different story. Look at it this way. You just weren't meant to have that particular gun, and something as good, or better, is just around the corner.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

5. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Sorry for your bad deal 4X, I should wouldn't trust the guy now either!!

Thanks for exposing him.

Your "word" used to be a valuable tool but low lives have changed it.

"he assured me deal was on and gun was considered sold"

THAT'S the seal on the deal!

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

A man, or business, is only as good as their word. Period.

7. us820

us820 Active Member

The guy is a complete tool and anybody who thinks it's ok to call and say "it's sold sorry" is not ok by me.They had a deal.That means something.It's a contract between grown men.If he found a guy closer,he needs to call him up and ask if he can be let out of the deal.If not,he better be a man,jump in the car,and do whatever the hell he said he would.

If your word means nothing,you are nothing.

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Look at the bright side, you still have your cash, you saved a 6-7 hr trip, not to mention the cost of gasoline, plus wear and tear on your car.

Your disappointment will fade/disappear completely when you find "that gun" again. Here's hoping it's soon.

Bob Falfa

P.S. Yeah. That was a jerky kinda thing to do.

9. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I'm with us820 on this one. Jake

10. C-Money

C-Money Member

It stings to have a deal fall through or sold out from under you. I had one happen to me from a seller on here and it turned out in my favor as I found something better! Keep your chin up, the right gun will come along.

11. Rich Davis

Rich Davis Member

I know the man you are talking about. I have done gun and ammo deals with him on and off for 15 years. he has always been fair and a pleasure to deal with. As with all deals I am sure there was more to your conversation than you stated on this forum. Sorry you had to go through this.

Rich Davis

12. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I know who your talking about, as well. I sold him a Model 12 years ago. He is a good guy. He called you and canceled. Someone made him a deal and he didn't have to drive. I have no issue with that. A deal is never a deal until you have the money or product in hand.

13. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

If this is the Lane I know here in the San Diego area, I will voice my opinion and stand behind him. THE Lane I shoot with is an honest person, and one hell of a shooter....LarryB

14. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ditto 820, what happened to your word is your bond? Harv

15. 7mag

7mag Well-Known Member

Should have followed threw with his word. You had a deal done the only way it should have fell threw is if one side was miss representing there side of the deal. Unless it was agreed first with cash gets it.

16. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I'm with Larry B. Lane is a great guy and I'm sure had no pre-meditated intent to screw you on this deal. Sometimes SH*T happens. You know, your best friend calls and says Dude! I wanted that gun! Or something like that may have happened. But anyway, Lane is an upstanding guy.

Kevin

17. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Kevin, sorry but that's not an excuse. I had the same thing happen to me last year when I sold a Glock 17 on here. I accepted a deal with a buyer from Texas, and a good friend 15 miles from me said he would buy it. Cost me a 50 mile round trip to UPS depot and $85 shipping fee but the gun went to Texas. Harv

18. Clays82

Clays82 Member

word dont mean anythink, if i have a buyer at my door with cash its sold. Money talks bull shit walks

19. 4xFergi

4xFergi Member

To some word might not mean anything, but to me it does. I had cash in hand and he knew it. Anyway to most of you Thanks for the encouraging words and like you guys say there will be another deal come along. Good guy or not I have no use for someone like this.

20. revbook

revbook Member

Clays82....I have made a mental note to never buy anything you are selling as you are not to be trusted. My word is my bond and fortunately I have dealt with people on this site that feel the same. If you don't have a good name, you truly have nothing. Surely your posting was in jest?

Don in PA