1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Buyers Beware - All Sellers are not Honest....

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Remingtondon, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remingtondon

Remingtondon TS Member

0   0   0

I advertised looking for an O/U 32" Barrel for my GA-1 noting that I have a 29 1/2" that came with it that may be a trade option or buy outright. I was contacted by a person that had a 32" MX-8 barrel and gave me the bore sizes, chokes and what he was asking for it. He sent me 4 pictures and noted to me that there was a small rub in the blueing on both sides of the front of the barrel. These marks should in the photos and where very minor and the other two were of the back of the barrel with the MX-8 noted in gold on it and a picture looking down the step rib. The pictures were nice and we agreed to a price that I sent out the next day. He shipped the barrel and I couldn't pick it up until Saturday from Fed-X because it required a signature and I was not home when they showed up late Friday Afternoon. I understood that the barrel might require fitting and was prepared for that but upon inspection I realized the barrel lug was only half the size of mine. Yep, he sent me a Type 3 barrel for a Type 4 gun. I called and sent an e-mail and got no response until late Sunday / Monday. I confirmed that it was a type 3 with Giacomo's and Danny said he could up date it for $400 but recommended I return it and get a Type 4. The seller responded that I never asked if it was a Type 3 or 4 so it was my fault. I noted to him that I said it was for a GA-1 which only was offered as a Type 4 and noted that he didn't show the lug in the photo's or I might have noticed. His response was just what the Perazzi Dealer said it would be, "it's your barrel now and if your unhappy with it you can sell it". I offered to split the up grade cost with him and keep the barrel but he refused to accet that or the barrel back.
    Apparantly this person doesn't realise that omitting information is the same as mis-representing the facts of what you have... it's still lying! I now have a barrel I can not use and will have to have up graded before I can even test it to see if it will shoot where I need it to shoot for Doubles.

Not everyone using this Web Site is Crediable and Honest. There are people out there who use this site for their own personal gains with no respect for there fellow Trap Shooters or the Sport. Let this be a lesson to all the honest trap shooters out there who use this site to be careful. Make sure you ask all the questions even if they may seem obvious ask it anyway and make sure you know exactly what you are buying before you send a check. Once that person has your bank check you are stuck and those preditors out there know it too! I'm not saying I was totally right here but I offered to split the costs to correct it and the gentleman thing to do then would have been for him to accept the offer and everyone goes away happy. He did not and told me to stick it. Don't let that happen to you... know your seller and know what your getting.

Good Shooting and the best always to all my trap shooting friends world wide!

Don

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Well, I am not sure of Rick's subtle point, but there is a learning curve when dealing with Perazzis. If a person has any uncertainty, they should ask for help. Lotta guy on the forum will help.

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Remingtondon- This guy wouldn't have been from IL would he?

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

what did you pay for the barrel?

did you have an agreement about inspection?

you may have legal action you can take depending on the answer to the above

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

It seems to me that the key phrase is when you stated that, "I understood that the barrel might require fitting."

Just a thought.

Gne J

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Your first mistake was not asking for a picture of the barrel lug for comparison or a 3-day inspection period. Oh well, everyone makes mistakes-except me. Best bet is to try re-selling it here first then off to GunBroker!!

7. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

0   0   0

trapshootin hippie, When Remingtondon said the barrel might require "fitting" that is a long way from changing barrel lugs.

Remingtondon, Don't be afraid to mention this sellers name, if he feels he didn't screw you he will let the TS.com community know.

Ron Burdick

8. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I agree fitting is a long way from having a barrel lug changed. When you said it was for a Ga 1 the seller should have told you it wouldn't fit and it was a cat 3 gun. Seems like he intentionally misrepresented the barrel hoping you wouldn't notice until he had the money.
    You should have had a inspection period.
    Finally the seller is obviously a D"+#$ and name mentioned so others can be wary of future dealings.

9. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I would like to see a response from the sell if not please post his name as we need to know for future dealings with this person. The barrel is not correct for a GA Perazzi period the seller is not fair period. If he did not know it was wrong he should have taken it back your offer to split the cost of changing the lug that was more than fair. Again who is this sell?? What is his side of the story no response makes me think he is not someone to deal with and we need his name.

10. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

If I owned a GA 1 I wouldn't assume the seller knew which particular barrels were appropriate for that gun. For the seller to know that his MX8 barrel wouldn't fit on a GA 1 is a bit of a stretch. Not every Perazzi owner is even aware that there are differences.

I would think think it would be the responsibility of the buyer to know that certain barrels would not fit and check that out with the seller before the transaction.

Having said that the seller seems to be reluctant to make the deal "square" so that's on him.

If this were a traffic accident the buyer and seller would probably both be at fault.

11. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

0   0   0

If the buyer didn't do anything to the barrel but inspect it, a good seller should have no problem taking it back. Who was the seller?

12. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Let's have the name...
    In my experience trapshooters and old tractor collectors are about the most fair people that you will ever come across.
    I angers many people and myself on this site that someone got screwed....

13. g7777777

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Please answer my two questions above

regards from Iowa

Gene

PS I agree with the posters above that it is not the sellers responibility to determine if his barrel will fit your gun- you have to handle that in some other manner

Again my questions

1. What did you pay for the barrel

2. Did you have an inspection period agreed upon?

14. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

RemingtonDon is in TIME WARP. Really. He is prob just getting up from his long NZ nap right now.

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

Seller should take it back, buyer pays shipping. It's a simple matter of ethics.

Anything I sell is able to be returned ins a reasonable time, that is agreed on within 3 days after receiving.

I thought that was the unwritten rule.

HM

16. g7777777

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

HM

Sounds like a Union expression " I thought this was an unwritten rule"

There is no such thing as an unwritten rule unless it was agreed upon-- and then it is suspect as to who is making the argument

I dont know what the agreement was here- that is why I asked

unwritten rule- lmao

regards from Iowa

Gene

17. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

" what we have here is a failure to communicate " from "Cool Hand Luke"

18. SonoraMike

SonoraMike TS Member

0   0   0

>> " what we have here is a failure to communicate "

40 sec clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnO9Jyz82Ps

19. Remingtondon

Remingtondon TS Member

0   0   0

Fellow Trap Shooters and Gene especially, there was no written 3 day inspection guarantee but I was assused it would fit my GA-1. I am not nieve to assume it would drop on and I could test fire it which is why I also know I would have to have the barrel filed to fit my lever before testing it. As soon as I opened the package I saw and knew we had a problem and tried to contact the seller, "a skeet shooter". and he refused to respond. It took several days before he would respond and basically told me if I wasn't happy then sell it but he was done with the deal.

Now, Trap Shooters I know are the most honest and nicest people going and I just wanted to make sure that when you addvertise for something and someone sends you an e-mail out of the blue, be careful and assume nothing.

Dan at Giacomo's is up dating it as we speack and I will be putting it on the pattern board this weekend. It was a $400 lesson that I don't want any of my shooting family or friends to ever have to learn for themselves.
    Oh, MIA is right, I live in a time warp area with dial up and if it wasn't for Great Guy's like Jack I would never get a photo up on Trap Shooters ever...
    Thanks to all of you and Good Shooting, Straight Shooting and God Bless... Don

20. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

0   0   0

An honest seller would have taken it back. Its not like its hard to peddle Perazzi stuff. Who was it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.