1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Buyer Beware

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hitapair, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

He's had your money 3 weeks or you made the deal 3 weeks ago? As an aside, is this a custom barrel? Didn't know the 11 came w/ a rifled barrel.

2. gasman03

gasman03 Member

What did you send him as payment?

Corey

3. drunk_again

drunk_again TS Member

your right, buyer beware !!!!!!!!!

4. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

If you sent a postal money order, you might contact the post office, and see if they can do anything for you. They may consider this postal fraud.

Good Luck,

Jim

5. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

This is postal fraud!!!!!!!!!

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

good point Magnumshot...keep trying but give the fellow the benefit of the doubt...he could be sick or buried for all you know

7. itsnotyou

itsnotyou Member

Several years ago when I was selling on Ebay, I had several Items I was getting ready to package and send out when I found myself being transported to the hospital in an ambulance and got to spend the next 10 days in the cardic ward. Found several hate emails when I got home, people thinking I took their money and ran off. I took a few days to get going but I got it all straightened out.

Jack

8. Wilma Harris

Wilma Harris TS Member

Contact the County Sheriff in his home county (Columbia) and explain your problem to him. He could drop by his home and ask about this problem and hopefully mention to him that Theft by Bailee charges could be brought against him if not resolved. The Sheriff or one of his deputies might be very helpful in getting him to go ahead and ship you the barrel. Be sure you have evidence that he received the payment (cancelled check, etc.) Also I hope you paid for shipping insurance so he can't claim he shipped it and it must have gotten lost in shipment.

If Portage is the county seat, it would be less than a 10 mile drive for the sheriff to his home address and only 3 miles from Highway 33 which I am sure the sheriff travels almost daily.

If all else fails, you have his address, go see him and tell him you are there to pick up your barrel. Or drop by his state shoot and ask for him. I bet he shoots trap at least some.

9. gspman

gspman Member

gridlock,

I found him on e-bay using a tracking number from one of his old posts on TS.com.

Here is his feedback link: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=annieluvlibby&items=-1&item=7246180238&de=off

He has no negative feedback.

I'm not sure if this helps, but thought you should know.

gspman (Dave P.)

10. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

You should have called on the phone. I know for a fact that just a few weeks ago, I was living in my front room for a full 14 days with no electricity and therefore, no internet. Things do happen sometimes. John

11. romie

romie Active Member

Has he cashed te check?

12. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

If it was a personal check, most sellers wait until the check clears to ship. Some wait 10-21 days.

13. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I had a recent transaction with a gentleman from Calif. that I did not know. We corresponded vis email, then a phone call. I sent him a personal check and he sent me the articles.

All went well.....guess that's because we are both honorable.

Curt - Delaware

14. southpark

southpark TS Member

Buy from ATA members -- and look up their ATA history first!

I've bought and sold numerous things here with that strategy and have yet to be let down.

Good luck with a positive resolution.

15. southpark

southpark TS Member

Gridlock, that is terrible. I should have made clear that you should be looking for shooters who have been members for a few years and actively register targets -- does this guy register several thousand a year or just a few hundred? If only a few hundred he probably doesn't care much about his ATA repuatation and sellers like this should be looked at carefully before forking over your ducats.

If he registers a lot of targets here's a thought:

I'm pretty sure the ATA has a code of conduct; you may want to read it and/or call the ATA on Monday.

If allowed, file a complaint to have him disciplined. This may include a suspension or being thrown out of the ATA and that just may get his attention, and your money back.

If he has a legitimate excuse, I'm sure he'll have a chance to explain that.

If only this were Singapore, I'm sure a 5' cane reed would get swift results.

16. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Sorry but I meant that you should have talked to him on the phone prior to the exchange of money. Too late for that now, I just meant that in the future, it is a good idea to call and talk over the deal and iron out all details. That way you can get a better read on the person, if he sounds fishey, don't do the deal. John

17. Hippo

Hippo TS Member

You guys sure like to jump all over people! Every one of you would been pissed and scared at 3 weeks.

18. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

the barrell has been sent yest me and my wife were sick as dogs last 3 weeks havent even been to work between a viral infection then strep i didnt even cash check till yest so he wasnt even out the money im glad you fellow trapshooters look out for others but some are too nosy and say more than they should problems do arise sometimes and this a $100 barrell i haven seen you people go this nuts with $1000 items ive seen on here people didnt get im sorry the guy had to wait but problems do arise

19. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

and i forgot to write i dont have the net at home and havent been to work to use it

20. Ivabigun

Ivabigun TS Member

So if you are not at work and have no net at home then where are you.

i need to know.

Ok not really but are you at a friends house.

Ivabigun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.