1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Buy shells at Wal-Mart in Sparta,Ill

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Blakester, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

Wait and buy your shells at walmart in Sparta. The AA and NS-27 Remingtons are 75.00 with $10.00 instant gas rebate with ever flat, they also have remington Gun Clubs for $59.00. The isles are full of pallets of flats, but they are buying them by the cart load.... Ricky

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Ricky, The shell house at the grand run by Gamaliel has the same prices on Gun Clubs, and only a dollar and change difference on the case price of AA's and Rem's. If you buy four cases or more you are entered into the one year of free shell's offer give away as well (52 flats). I say lets support Gamaliel at the grand. Wish I was there to do just that. Good Luck to all the shooters that will be there this year. Break-em all. Jeff

3. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

The Walton family is already rich enough. And they don't donate a nickel to ANY worthwhile charity or Organizations.
    And look at what they pay 95% of their employees...minimum wage.

Support Gamaliel.

FN in MT

4. badminton

badminton Member

Do they take credit cards?

5. WCR

WCR TS Member

Support Gamaliel, they support the you.

6. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

FN, you are full of BS. Wal-Mart supprts many worthwhile things where I live. In fact, they are usually the first place somebody goes who wants support for a worthwhile cause because they rarely say no.

BTW, the Walton family doesn't own WM, it's a public corporation owned by people like many here on this forum. It's also a bald faced lie that they pay 95% of their employees minimum wage. They pay nobody minimum wage here.

Just because your union told you to hate WM and spread their lies is no excuse for your ignorance. Wake up and try thinking for yourself- if you can.

7. Fish Springs

Fish Springs Member

FWIW both Wal Mart and Dick's in San Antonio offered better prices on ammunition during the week of the Texas State 4H shoot than did the Ammo Store at NSC.

Wal Mat and Dick's sold a lot of shells that week. STS, AA, Rem Club, Federal only if you wanted RIOs were the prices better at the venue's vendor shop.

Shoot well.

8. claycruncher

claycruncher TS Member

STS'are around $68 per flat at Wal-Mart last night. About $7 cheaper than AA's but you get the $10 gas card with the AAs (max $100 in gas cards).

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Support my backside....95% of these pilgrims will opt for the cheapest and will only offer chin music where charities are concerned....

geez...let's get real!!

Curt

10. jptrapshooter

jptrapshooter Member

I'm gonna be really upset with all of you WallyWorld supporters someday when I can't buy shells on the grounds.

11. white rattler

white rattler Member

Once again does Gamaliel take credit cards Trevor Dawe.

12. hairy

hairy TS Member

Trevor, I bought from them last year with a credit card.

13. dverna

dverna Active Member

I had planned to buy shells at the Grand and had already decided to spend a couple of bucks more per flat to support the vendor during the shoot.

I do not like WalMart.

I had to cancel my trip due to work issues but I told my buddy who is there to wait until near the end of week and then visit Wally World. If people buy on the grounds (as I intended to), Wally World will drop prices to move the stock. That is the time to buy - otherwise let Wally World choke on them.

Don

14. white rattler

white rattler Member

I will buy my shells on the grounds. Trevor Dawe.

15. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

From Forbes.....Wal-Mart donations go to organizations including, but not limited to the National Teacher of the Year program, hospital aid group Children's Miracle Network, The Salvation Army, United Way and Food Bank America's Second Harvest. The largest single contributor to the Louisiana hurricane victims was Walmart. In 2007 Walmart, cited as one of the largest corporate donors in the USA, donating over $272,000,000.

Market prices will dictate where shells will be purchased. A few seem to be in need of taking an Econ 101 class.

16. rwm12

rwm12 Member

If you purchase shells at Walmart you must pay for them at the Sporting Goods counter. You can not pay at the front of the store thru check out lanes. Aisles are full of shells on skids.

17. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

Whew, I didn't mean to start a war about Walmart lovers and Vendor lovers I was just telling you all that walmart had bukoos of shells for the Grand at a good price , and futher more I live within 40 miles of Gamailel shooting store in Kentucky where I buy all my shooting supplys and they also sponsor our scholastic teams where they help the kids for there shooting needs....
    Grow -up Quit your whinning be nice and smile enjoy life

18. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Wait until Monday, August 18th....gonna be a nice sale going on in the sporting goods department.....

Curt

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Most people are totally unaware of the contributions that WalMart makes in the local communitys across America, worst yet most people don't care ... Gamaliel cannot make that claim now and never will because they will never be big enough to compete with WalMart, not even in its finest day ... "If WalMart don't have it, you probably don't need it" ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Glad Littledog and Bridge set the record straight with WalMart's community contributions. They are the LARGEST corporate financial donor in the US, probably the world. The unions hate WM because the employees always vote NO on union representing them. I have a relative who works for WM in Iowa and within three years she has made assistant store manager with a darn fine salery and benefit package. And for those that moan the loss of mom/pop stores..it's the way capitalism works. Besides the mom/pop stores pay minimum wage and no benefits. As the largest US private employer, it's no wonder people line up to take their jobs...a stepping stone to advancement..especially in todays tough economy.

That said, I have purchased 2 trap guns from Gamaiel and they were fine people to deal with. Fow the few dollars difference, I would get the shells from them. Your mileage may vary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.