1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Buy/Sell Stocks Now?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smsnyder, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

What do you think?

2. smsnyder

Jim Kramer from CNBC said if you need money within 5 years sell stocks now. Expects stocks to drop another 20%. That's a strong statement?

3. smsnyder

I like the cat myself. Will trade for him. Hell at this rate no one will be able to afford to shoot.

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Price Tron. Price!

5. mike b.

mike b. Member

If this forum is where we get financial advice, no wonder we're in trouble !!

6. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

I do not think your going to get a classic bottom/buy spike in this market. I would never try to time the market top or bottom. But take a look at MYL today. My guess by volume and price movement this will be the new 52 week low for the stock. Many stocks did this type of volume/price movement today. But this market has some extra baggage. The most complex since I have been investing 1989..........GL to all

GS

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I'm nervous about the market. Never have been before, maybe it's because I'm getting older. I always looked at a correction as a good time to buy. Now, don't know?? Obama on the horizon, he will go 180 degrees in the opposite direction to the path that needs to be taken to fix this problem. He is going to pour gas on the fire.

Watched "Mad Money" with Cramer and then I watched the "Glen Beck Show" tonight, that only made me more nervous.

8. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Midalake- I know (I'm sure he doesn't remember me!) the guy that owns Mylan Pharmaceuticals. My fraternity brother was married (stress the word WAS) to his daughter (only child). What a nightmare that divorce was. The guy is a control FREAK!!! Had a big garage full of very high end Eurovehicles. Drank his own liver into non-function. Bought another (somehow got to the top of the transplant list) and continues on with the same destructive lifestyle. Oh well.

PS Jim Kramer is an idiot. If he is/was so good why doesn't he have a brokerage firm and be a gazillionaire?

Now IS a good time to buy if you have long term goals and the discretionary income to let go. Dollar cost average over the long term is a good strategy.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

9. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

This is a GREAT time to buy! If you would have bought 1-2 weeks after the 9/11 attack when the market dropped like a rock also, you would have made a boat full of money!

10. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Warren Buffett is investing lots of cash in several companies he regards as values. He's 78 years-old and has had a better record than most of the prognosticators who appear on TV daily.

11. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Hold onto "quality"... those with income streams from channels likely to hold up in a volatile environment. Do your own research.

Buffet buys when people sell and sells when people buy...

In a tough market, problems which were overlooked or glossed over in a go-go market present themselves... stick with "quality" companies and take a breath, you wont hurst yourself.

Make an emotional play, listen to know-it-alls; you're sure to get burned.

Jay

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jay- Your last post convinced me that if I were into stocks instead of real estate, I would make it a point to have many long conversations with you. In the few lines you posted, it became clear that you know quite a bit about the market.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.