1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Buy OIL before the conflict with Iran

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by TigerMyrtle, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerMyrtle

TigerMyrtle Member

In past threads many have complained about the price of gasoline and crude oil. Its just my opinion, but here is a good place to put some "shackles" on the price of crude oil rising due to the current mess with Iran. Iran is un-fazed with the UN sanctions and their nuclear intentions are un-wavering. Ticker symbol "OIL" is an ETF (electronically traded fund) that does not expire as do commodity futures. OIL is a Goldman Sachs product that is currently trading just under $37. OIL is 100% valued relative to the current crude oil market. If you think crude at some point will rise then buy OIL. Likewise if you feel crude oil will fall you can either short or wait for a drop and buy at that time. I'm not a broker and am not selling anything. I just remember all to well the "panic attack" many posters were having about their perceived valuation of crude oil. This is a good time to "get in the game" if you (like I) feel crude prices will be rising due to mideast tensions and uncertainty.

Just trying to be helpful with my $.02.

Eric Schmidt

2. smartass

smartass TS Member

What are "shackles" and who are you to be giving investment advice?

3. TigerMyrtle

TigerMyrtle Member

Anonymous: "Shackles" are dollars. Relative to who I am, well my name is at the bottom of my post. As far as "investment advice", well..........if by stating my perspective as my "$.02" then I guess I am guilty and have overstated my expertise by a couple of pennies.

Eric

PS - Nice screen name. It's very appropriate.

4. smartass

smartass TS Member

I think you meant "shekles". The meaning of "shackels" is:

Main Entry: shackle
    Pronunciation: 'sha-k&l
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English schakel, from Old English sceacul; akin to Old Norse skokull pole of a cart
    1 : something (as a manacle or fetter) that confines the legs or arms
    2 : something that checks or prevents free action as if by fetters -- usually used in plural
    3 : a usually U-shaped fastening device secured by a bolt or pin through holes in the end of the two arms
    4 : a length of cable or anchor chain of usually 15 fathoms

You can look up the definition of shekel yourself.

5. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Anon, don't waste too much "Grammar Time" on someone who doesn't know that ETF means "(Exchange) Traded Fund."

6. RUT

RUT TS Member

>>I think you meant "shekles".<<

Oy Vey!!!!

7. ArmySGM

ArmySGM Member

Buy the oil listed above and maybe we won't have to worry about getting the other oil.

Gary

8. J.P.

J.P. TS Member

Anyone who needs advice on investing from TS.com should not be taking the advice. That said, I agree, don`t complain about the price of gas in the coming months, as "you have been told" invest in oil stocks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.