1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Buy American First!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bushmaster1313, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

I would like to respectfully suggest that in all gun and shooting related purchases that Americans consider to Buy American First.

By this I mean that Americans should take into account the need to support the American gun and shooting industry.

If the American product is only a bit more expensive, or for all intents and purposes just as good, I urge you, Buy American First.

Persons in harm's way, such as the military and the police, should of course do whatever will give them the tactical edge and the confidence they need. However, if anyone on this forum can support American industries by Buying American First I respectfully urge you to do so.

God Bless America, our Glorious Troops and our other dedicated public servants.

Lou

2. ESMDHokie

ESMDHokie TS Member

does my japanese made Browning Citori count?

3. JH

JH Well-Known Member

I am all for it, Lou.....but, if you do your homework, you will find that very, very few things are 100% American made....

4. Bushmaster1313

I am merely asking that we consider supporting Americans and American businesses as one factor in our gun and shooting related purchases.

If you believe that you can win with a foreign gun but not with the American gun, buy the one that you think will put you over the top. But consider using American shells, or an American recoil pad, or cleaning it with products made in America.

If we are not careful, soon there will be no guns made in America.

Scary thought, isn't it.

Lou

5. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

Ruger, ALL American!

Steve

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Happy to do so,,,,please list American businesses that have the quality of Perazzi, Beretta, Krieghoff at the same price point,,,,If quality is the same for up to 5% more, I would be willing to do,,,,but VALUE has to be the same or better....

7. kdl243

kdl243 TS Member

There is....Kolar
    As far as I am concerned a Kolar is better then Perazzi and Kreighoff

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Hell, Beretta is our biggest firearms manufacturer in the United States....

9. Bushmaster1313

I am only asking that we consider the importance of Buying American First in our gun and shooting purchases.

Unless cost really matters, I cannot think of any good reason to buy a home defense shotgun from Chinese communists when you can get a Mossberg 500 or a Remington 870

If those are made overseas we are in big trouble.

I do not want my grand kids to ask me to tell the story about the time you could buy a gun made in America!

Lou

10. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Then I am gtg as I have Berettas....

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Thats why I shoot a Ljutic. Buy American..........

12. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Let's all buy a Kolar or a Seitz or a Infinity, etc, etc, etc.

Sounds like a good plan...now if my wife agrees, I'm buying!!

Curt

13. Clay KillR

Clay KillR TS Member

I'm proud to say that ALL my reloads as well as my broken targets use 100%, non-union American Labor.

14. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

The liberals tell us not to buy Chinese because they treat their workers badly. Personally, I like to buy Chinese so as to abuse some Chinamen.

15. Bushmaster1313

I thought I was being serious

There are many fine guns made all over the world, and I would not refain from buying a foreign product if the American product could not get the job done at a reasonable price.

However, I always consider Buying American First.

As an alternative, if you really need or want a gun made overseas -- pick one up on the used market. You will save some dough and the person who sold it to you can go out and buy an American gun.

I am not ragging on anyone's purchases or preferences. I just ask, respectfully, if you will please consider Buying American First.

Lou

P.S. I saw that the Ithaca gun company out of ohio is putting out a new 37T and Jaqua's has some to try.

Any chance Ithaca will try to resurrect the 4E?

16. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Some random thoughts about this....<br>
    <br>
    Why is it those who state we must buy cars made in America are overwhelmingly the ones who shoot shotguns made in Europe?<br>
    <br>
    Why are the police and military ("in harm's way") given a pass for buying foreign made guns, but citizens wanting to defend themselves aren't? In America, citizens come first, not the government, something many have long forgotten.<br>
    <br>
    Some American gun makers are their own worst enemies when they sign agreements with anti-gunners that flush our rights away (S&W), or actually utter idiotic statements like how we need to ban "high capacity" magazines (Ruger), or stop sales of some of their products to law-abiding gun owners (Colt), or hire a new company CEO who openly admires and supports murderous government thugs like Lon Horicuchi (Cabelas) are we supposed to reward such treachery with our wallets?<br>
    <br>
    Having said all that, I usually do buy American made guns first, unless the gun design is not made in the USA, or the US version is inferior.

17. Bushmaster1313

Goose2:

I am not telling you what to do do with your hard earned money. Not being a Democrat I believe that your money is your own.

However, I am asking you to consider the impact of your gun and shooting purchases and to spend it here when you can, even if it means buy a used Guerini.

18. Stu Pidash

Stu Pidash TS Member

There were past investigations and news stories done that were on this topic and when they actually got down to the nirty girty of it all most of everyone in our country who wanted to "Buy American" couldn't afford to "Buy American" except for the rich and they got rich buy not "Buying American" and saving money.

Buy American is a good thing but when the quality is lacking and the price is expensive you must ask yourself what is the best deal for your hard earned money.

19. Bushmaster1313

Stu

When you say "you must ask yourself" that is exactly the point.

Before sending your money overseas, and especially before sending it to Chinese Communists, please "ask yourself" if you can get the same bang for your buck Buying American. If you can, shop here. If you can't, do want you want--it's your money.

Nevertheless, if you need to go foreign, and there may be legitimate reasons why you do,buy used and keep the money here! If the new foreign gun really has the quality you want or need, the used one will have it too.

Lou

20. 1290FPS

1290FPS Member

All of my trap & sporting clays smoke poles are made by Remington. Not very sexy I know, but... I am very honest with myself and the Remingtons are every bit as good as I am. Buying a shotgun that costs as much as a decent pickup truck will not improve MY scores.

An interesting side note; I spent nearly 25 years in the service, with a great deal of time spent on the range, both ashore and afloat. After the 1911A Colt .45 was retired we carried the Beretta 9mm PDW (made in Italy) - ammo made in Israel. In fact, all of the small arms ammo we used (except 12 ga.)was made in Israel. Our 12 gauge riot shotgun ammo was made by Winchester.

Our 20mm, 25mm, and 76mm ammo for crew fired weapons was from a variety of source countries including Italy, Israel, Turkey, and in some cases near the end of my career, some of the former Soviet Republics.

Alliant/ATK (formerly Morton Thiokol) produced most of our "specialty" ordnance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.