1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Buy a new trap gun which one K-80 or Kolar

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dshot, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dshot

dshot Member

Which would have the best resale value, both guns fit great, is there that much differents between the two?
    Thanks for your input.

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Krieghoff hands down. Jeff

3. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

My .02. cents----Both are great guns and will serve you well but, remember Kolor guns are built in the "USA" and are built like a TANK. Kolor guns have very FEW parts in the trigger system. Krieghoff guns have a LOT of parts in the trigger system. With that said I like them both and own both!! Kolor guns it appears has less Maintenance than the Krieghoff (yearly tuneup)but that is just what i hear people talking about. If a man takes care of his Krieghoff why would it need to be serviced each year. "If it's not broke don;t fix it" that of course is just MY opinion!!! take it for what it is worth. Resale--?? I would guess the "Big Boy's" would say the Krieghoff will bring more money but, if you are buying for resale value then buy "Colt single Action pistols". BUY the GUN that fits you and go shoot some targets !!!!!!!!!!! My Opinion!!!!!!!!!!!! Joe Whitehurst joe90t

4. APrice

APrice Active Member

K-80. You won't be sorry. Plus, the big advantage is you may never have to talk to Rags.

5. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

APrice, That is "COLD" Rags is a nice man !!!!! joe90t

6. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Depends if you're going to keep it longer than 30 days.
    I like Kolar, you have a choice of 6 different factory stocks LH & RH that are not special order, or have it fitted right at the factory. Service ,if ever needed, is quick, local, and very good people. It's Amerian made and you'll never wear it out.
    I had the same choice years ago and am still happy with my decision.

7. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rags and the Kolar bunch are a heap friendlier than the K-80 crowd ever thought of being.

Go Kolar....American made by Americans

8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Kolar top singles rule: "Move like a Perrazi, hold up like a Ljutic."---Cassius Clayshooter

9. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Resale value..... K80 wins by a HUGE margin. Sadly the Kolars have dismal resale value.

I would buy the one you shoot the best. Either one will last you your entire shooting lifetime. Only us fools worry about trading and resale values. Look at the TOP shooters...they generally have shot the same gun for years and years and years.

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I know several shooters who went to a Kolar, took them two years to become competitive again after they switched to a K-80. The most important fact tor is how you shoot a particular gun. If the gun works for you shoot it & be happy. Names don't mean a thing.

Phil Berkowitz

11. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Silver Seitz then K-80

blade819

12. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Buy the Kolar and don't look back!

13. Aulovel5

Aulovel5 TS Member

Buy which ever feels best to you

14. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Over many years of shooting competitive skeet and trap, saw way too many people having malfunction issues with K-80s. They are nice guns but seem to have more than their fair share of breakdowns. Regards, Ed

15. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Trapshooters change guns as often as they change underwear. Buy and sell a few Kolars and you'll not have enough money left to purchase new underwear!!

16. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Mark425....

never bought a gun with resale value in mind....bought all mine right and bought'em to shoot.

How many cars did you buy that you got ALL your money back on?? Yeah, I thought so.

17. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

ok this is my input, back when I was shooting a K80 alot, I never had any issues.what a k80 is subject to is backyard mechanic tinkering it up to have trouble. They are like watches and will keep ticking a long time. That is in the past, back to shooting now and I have chosen American this time and you can't beat the way Kolar takes care of its clientele. I am now shooting a Kolar and loving it. Sure the Krieghoff might have a better resale, but you can find excellent deals on used Kolars, that will last you a life time with a little care.

18. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Relax daddio. Why u so upset?

Reread my post, please. The OP asked which one depreciates more. I said..."Sadly, Kolars resale value is dismal." Its a fact, like it or not. I never said anything about getting back ALL the money on either one. Both depreciate, just one more than the other. I also said...both are GREAT guns.

Mark

p.s. Whats a car's resale have to do with K-guns?

19. Eve Davis

Eve Davis TS Member

K-80 !!!

20. Jacob Guthrie

Jacob Guthrie Member

Kolar has made their tube sets for years and are still the best, it seems that K & P gun guys hate Kolar. I don't have a problem with Krieghoff but I will tell you about my experience, at the 2008 Grand I decided I was going to get a higher quality gun. I said to my dad (I was a Jr. at the time) I'm going to Perazzi, Krieghoff, and Kolar and whoever has the gun that I like the best and provides me with the best customer service I'm going to buy their gun because I can get any of the guns custom fitted. Went to Perazzi and not one of their guys said a word to me because I was a kid, went to Krieghoff same thing, went into Kolar Jeff Mainland (Owner) was standing at the door says "hi how are you doing? If you have any questions let me know?" Got the gun I wanted, got it fitted, haven't had any problems with the gun, Keith Sprangers has answered any question I have ever had about the gun. Not saying which one you should buy I'm just telling you about my personal experience.

P.S. on top of making a great gun and giving me great service The Kolar combo I purchased was about $4,000 less than the identical Krieghoff and just as good or better quality. Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.