1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Butler XX12

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by viperrt, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. viperrt

viperrt Member

OK Butler's website says they started delivering guns to purchasers on 12/15/12. So far I have only seen one poster who says he received his
    XX12 and had a custom stock made before taking delivery via the mail? So where are you other owners? Yes some of you must live in harsh weather, but come on 30 days after delivery and none of you can share your experience with your new Butler XX12!!!!

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Propaganda of the delivery by Butler Arms

GB
    DLS

3. emmylou1

emmylou1 Active Member

Longshot,PM me on how to get plug out of stubpipe of my XT unsingle please.
    (worried about condensation winter shooting)Thanx alot.............I know you own one.

4. 637g

637g TS Member

Went over to the club today and shoot 2 rounds with the XX12. Broke a 24,24. Was about 40 degrees,but windy. Shot 3 rounds on the pattern board first to get an idea of poi. Set it up to shoot 18 inches high. Shot 7.5 estates, 2.75 gram, 1.125 oz. Everything was very good, gun functioned perfectly. Had to kept reminding myself not to push rounds in with finger, just bump it with palm and it feeds in. Will shot again on Sat if weather cooperates. Bill

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

You assume the only perspective buyers are TS.COM members. There is a whole group of shooters who either don't know this forum exists or doesn't care.

6. viperrt

viperrt Member

grntitan, no I don't make that assunption, however, it might be a reasonable one to make. The Butler is a clay target specfic shotgun. I would think it reasonable that the gun will not be purchased to hunt game with or as a primary self defense weapon. I'm sure that there exists avid trapshooters who do not participate on this site. However, I also think it reasonable that if someone who has a Butler shows up at a gun club, that there would be someone witnessing the shooting of the gun who would most likely post!

7. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Had to fire the Butler and the Maid what with the rising price of shooting and no new tax's.

8. viperrt

viperrt Member

Overbored, interesting statistic, care to share your source? I know a number of trapshooters who visit this site regularly but never post. Are they included in your 5.7%? Of your 5.7% how many trap shooters shoot trap guns costing in excess of $7,500?

9. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The percentage of serious trapshooters who have heard of this forum is..
    100%! The chances that someone is shooting this gun, but no one who posts on this forum either has it; has seen it; or knows about it is ..0%.

Get real!

10. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Butler is working on a field version and also a ladies gun which will be lighter.

11. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

I do not own a Butler nor do I have one on order.

But I have shot one while at the Casa Grande Arizona Trap & Skeet Club a couple of weeks ago.

There was a company rep who had been at the club for quite a while in the company RV and had a number of demo guns that he let people shoot.

I shot Singles and Handicap in tournament events with it.

Since I am not a AAA27AAA shooter, my observations would not be very useful.

Seemed like the company rep was shooting lots of 99's with his Butler.

When I was shooting the demo gun in tournament evets, it performed as advertised as best I could tell.

The rep offered to sell me the one I shot.

I have not taken him up on that offer yet.

I am more used to SBT, O/U, and SxS shotguns.

With all the world's discretionary disposable cash going towards Obama Guns right now, there are some interesting Model 21's that have come into the same price range as the Butler that I am considering now.

12. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen a Dt-11 trap model yet?They started talking about them before I heard about a Butler and I have actually seen and fired a a Butler,find something else to bitch about this discussion has gotten old and the people bitching aren't gonna buy one anyway.Jerry

13. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Start ups are a bitch. Smart people see the potential in prototypes and have the patience to see it through. Usually, the "risk line" falls at investors in the company after a presentation by the inventor . In this case it appears that that line is drawn at the customers/users too in their orders for a new shooter.

That is a precarious place to be. The customer investor is not the best of business situations. It means that you may lose all that down payment. On the other hand you may have participated in changing how target guns are built from now on. If you don't have the sand to be in that financial position then I'd get your money back.

I saw the gun and believe it has the potential to change the target shooting world ...... but don't have the desire, or the money to fund their project. If they succeed, and I believe they will, I'll buy one then. Underfunded projects have been the life's blood of the American industrial growth. I think this company is offering up a good product and is worth the wait. Only my opinion.

14. chipdaddy

chipdaddy Member

I'd rather wait on Butler the fly on a Boeing 787.......not enough test flights.

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

chipdaddy,

Oh what's a little fire for warmth on your flight?

16. viperrt

viperrt Member

Jerry aka JDSFarms. I didn't realize that you and I were even aquainted? However, we must be as you apparently know me well enough as regards what trap gun I am interested in purchasing! As regards the Butler, I am very interested, however, I don't plan on buying a gun that is made by a company that does not have it's "act" together. Read their website, which states they were to start shipping orders on December 15th. Read the above post where a demo gun was offered for sale. Or as I was told by their traveling rep at the Autumn Grand ie; last November (same guy that apparently offered demo gun for sale) we already have some 40 guns delivered.

17. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Viperrt my first question to you would be why are you asking people on here Butler has a phone and if your interested you should be talking to them,and why would anyone comment who has gotten one,the guy who did was essentially called a liar until he posted a picture,I watched a junior high presentation on bullying the other night and one of the examples of a bully was "students who use internet media or social sites to harrass,indimidate or damage the reputation of others" thats mostly what I see going on in these type of threads.Jerry

18. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I'm going to wait for some of you to buy one ....... Someone find out they can't shoot it and sell it at a discounted price. Butler will have tons of time to make sure the first ones are perfect and then I'll have a nice piece of history.

19. viperrt

viperrt Member

jdsfarms/Jerry, 1-I have called Butler on numerous occasions and never had the phone answered. 2-Jason, told me face to face in Tucson at the Autumn Grand that they had guns in the hands of customers. 3-Their website says they would begin delivering guns on December 15, so why would you think it unreasonable for me or any other potential customer to ask for actual owner input? 4-The one person who has come forward to state they have received the gun they purchased was asked for a picture. Go back and read his post. He had a custom stock built before he even took possesion of the gun. So why would it be an issue for him to post a picture of his custom stock? 5-You want to equate this thread to bullying? Get real!

20. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

What's going on is that people are being lied to and don't like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

butler xx12

butler xx12 for sale