1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Butler XX12

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 637g, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 637g

637g TS Member

My much awaitted Butler XX12 auto was delivered today at 10:00am mst. I am anxious to get it to the range, but high winds and snow today.

I went to S&S Stocks in Polson,Mt and had them make me a custom stock for the gun. They were very attentive to may wants as they fitted me to the stock. It turned out just as I wanted. They made it shoot just like my old gun.

I ordered the gun with both a pull and a release trigger which came with the gun. I was very satisfied the professionalism of everyone that I dealt with especially Jason Lee & Scott Smith. Thank you, am looking forward to shooting the gun. Bill

2. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Wow, someone finally got one. We are eagerly awaiting your thoughts and evaluation of the Butler.

3. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

How does someone make a custom stock for a gun before you get the gun? And fit it to you?

4. 637g

637g TS Member

When I went to S&S, I got a factory gun to take with me. The folks at S&S made a try stock and put it on the factory gun. Then we took my old gun and patterned it. Next with the help of bondo they made the Butler's poi like my old gun, then after I was sure that it shoot like I wanted in comparision to my other gun, I shoot 25 targets off the trap machine at S&S's shop. Everthing was where I wanted it,so using the stock they assembled with bondo and skill,they made my custom stock that was on the gun that I received in the mail today.

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Well, at last!!!!! Please keep us informed as to the results of your experiences with your new toy.

6. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Nice job Bill. Best of luck with it.

7. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

A kind young man loaned me a left-hand Butler last week while I was at the Casa Grande Arizona Trap & Skeet Club tournament.

Shot it for Singles and Handicap.

Interesting gun.

8. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED ON YOUR EXPERIENCE SHOOTING IT.

Doc

9. viperrt

viperrt Member

I'm missing something here. I thought the XX12 came with an adjustable comb and adjustable rib so you could make it "shoot where you want"?

How about a picture?

10. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

How do you catch the empties with bottom eject?

11. rrrocketman

rrrocketman Member

Yepper, no pics=didn't happen!

12. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

The Butler I shot May of 2012 in Reno had both adjustable comb and rib. It is kind of an unsingle semi auto with the barrel sitting low in the receiver, which no doubt aids with the perceived lack of recoil.

While the stock that it comes with is adequate, it is not even close to my Infinity 221 or most recently I picked up an Elite 391 conversion with Dennis' great wood on it. The fit and finish on probably any custom stock is just leaps and bounds different than what a factory stick of wood has to offer. That said, the standard stock with minimal adjusting fit well enough that the XX12 breaks targets nicely without a doubt.

Butler is more than willing to sell the gun without the standard stock. The discount was not enough that I would personally get the standard stock and keep it as well.

Shell catcher...heard they have one, yet to have them produce even a artist sketch.

13. viperrt

viperrt Member

Didreckson

The point is not about restocking a new gun with exhibition turkish, english, etc, but for point of impact. I have safes full of custom stocked guns by Dock, Dennis, and Bobby. I do this because I want my guns to look as good as they shoot. I don't take a brand new gun that is fully adjustable and have a new stock made until I am sure I am going to want to keep and shoot the gun.

Let's see a picture.

14. 637g

637g TS Member

Here is a picture of the Butler with the stock that I had made for it.It isn't a very good picture, but you can get an idea of stock. It is a variation of the stock on Jason Lee's gun.
    637g_2009_19121.jpg

15. viperrt

viperrt Member

Thanks for the picture. Interesting looking comb.

16. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

viperrt,

Agreed, the difference is "good enough" vs. "It was right on and I didn't know it went off". Looking great is a terrific side benefit. Being I rather large fellow, my stocks are unique looking but they fit like a glove.

17. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

rrocketman, how do you like your crow? Boiled, fried or raw?

jim brown

18. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

One gun actually delivered - right before the SHOT show in Las Vegas. As the
    church lady used to say on Saturday Night Live: " How convenient."

19. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Re touched photo
    cubancigar2000_2008_0303700.jpg

20. high 2

high 2 Member

Glad to see them getting in the hands of shooters. I shoot more skeet than trap. I sure wish they would send a demo gun to one of the big skeet shoots in Texas. I would truly like to try one out.
    637g I hope you shoot it better than you take pictures;). Enjoy it and keep us up to date. Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

butler xx12

shell catcher for xx12 butler