1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Butler XX12 For Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Slickdog, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Slickdog

Slickdog TS Member

0   0   0

I have s/n 0036 Butler XX12 for sale. The gun has had approximately 500 rounds through it and I have not had any problems. I originally purchased this gun from Pacific Sporting Arms, although I am in Missouri.

Was wanting the gun for trap doubles but have since gone a different direction.

Asking $7200, or will listen to any reasonable offer.

I can provide photos if requested.

Terry Powell

2. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

The Butler is excellent for handicap and doubles. Little if any recoil, and no muzzle jump in doubles.

Suprised this has not been sold yet.

Dave

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

It probably would of sold if they were still in business ... I don't know if there would or could be a problem if anything brakes but even at $7,200 its not worth taking that chance ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. dave-320c

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

there are ways to get parts and repairs

dave

5. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

6. dave-320c

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

there are people who have Butlers that know those involved with the manufacturing that can get parts and do repairs.

7. joe kuhn

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Sure would like to shoot one.

8. dave-320c

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I am in Southern California

Be glad to accommodate you.

Dave

9. joe kuhn

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I'm in Northern IL.

10. dave-320c

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Beautiful country; let me know if you travel this way.

Dave

11. viperrt

viperrt Member

0   0   0

The problems I had with my Butler, yes all you non owners who feel compelled to add your two cents, were not production or design issues but rather quality control during assembly. The Butler XX12 is a great design and I hope it makes it back into production. Bill

12. joe kuhn

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Yours was put together wrong? What do you mean?

13. viperrt

viperrt Member

0   0   0

So are you buyer or just someone who would "like to shoot one"? My problems had nothing to do with "being put together wrong". But rather lack of attention to detail during assembly which led to my gun having a few problems, all of which were easily corrected. Bill

14. Idahobill

Idahobill Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

is there anybody making a release trigger for the Buttler would like to try one of these autos but I have to shoot a release trigger Bill

15. dave-320c

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Bill
    My understanding of using a release trigger is that due to recoil fatigue, one begins to flinch.
    I have found that the Butler has so little perceived recoil, that a release may not be necessary.
    Try one with a pull trigger if you can.
    Dave

16. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Dave,
    That's like telling someone they're gay because they just haven't met the right woman.

17. 637g

637g TS Member

0   0   0

Butler made a release trigger as I purchased my gun with a release in case I needed one. I have removed the hook and use it as a backup pull for now, but the pull is still working after I made some changes to it.

Used the butler for all the singles and handicap events at the grand. Haven't used it to shoot doubles yet.

Didn't see anyone else shooting one in Sparta, but talked to a couple of people that have them, but aren't shooting them. Maybe that will change.

I took my gun to a large machine shop here that uses auto-cad computer programs on their machines and had them scan the parts. Said they could replicate the parts from the scans. Hope I won't need to have any made.

Bill Fitch

18. dave-320c

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Bill

PM sent

Regards, and good shooting,

Dave

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

I offered to buy a Demo gun from Larry Butler when he had them out at Ben Avery, the gun shoots soft and has little to no muzzle jump ... The current problem is they don't make them anymore and until they do you are buying a pig in a poke ... I'm sure I could take my Perazzi to a machine shop and have them make any and all parts I might ever need, or I can just call them and have them ship them ...

"So are you buyer or just someone who would "like to shoot one"? My problems had nothing to do with "being put together wrong". But rather lack of attention to detail during assembly which led to my gun having a few problems, all of which were easily corrected. Bill " (end of quote)

I guess lack of attention would be different than being put together wrong ..? Whats the difference if you had problems you had problems and thats a problem ... Why sell it if its so great and you don't or won't have a problem with parts ..? $7,200 is a gamble anyway you look at it, parts, no parts, made or not made it is what it is or isn't what it was supposed to be ... If I'm going to take my chances I'll offer you $4,500 and take them ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

You have a PM.

Search tags for this page
butler shotgun for sale
butler trap guns

butler xx12

butler xx12 for sale

butler xx12 shotgun
butler xx12 shotgun for sale