1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

butler autos

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Simon Engraving, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon Engraving

Simon Engraving Active Member

has anyone got theirs and shot the eyeballs out of it yet.r the shell catchers out yet. any issues that u see good or bad?. thnks howard ps what do u think of the composite rib. do u like the way it loads and how does your palm feel after 100 shots thnks again

2. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

ttt...curious minds need to know.

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Well, it's been about a week since they said they were shipping guns, so
    somebody must have gotten one. I expected someone on this forum would have received one, or at least know someone who received one.

Come on you new Butler XX12 owners. It's Christmas. Share the joy.

4. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I had the chance to watch one of their reps shoot his at Ben Avery. It's a cool auto loader. We were shooting doubles and it worked flawlessly. How they are going to catch those empties might be difficult though. They kick the empties quite hard, straight to the ground and just right of the shooters right foot.

You might want to have the attitude that if you can afford a $7,500. autoloader, then why would you worry about catching empties?

6. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Barry, I want a shell catcher since I am convinced my reloads are superior to factory ammo...take your pick what flavor.

OK, Butler owners, let's hear from you. Curious minds need to know and certainly a ts.com'er has one?

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Dead silence?

8. Dickgshot

Those guns were delivered two weeks ago, according to what their rep said that was reported here. If I had one I would have been shooting it the next day, and bragging about it the day after that. Have they been sworn to secrecy?

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

My guess is they haven't even shipped. Given the past self-promotional forays from the company, if the guns were finished and shipped, I suspect they'd be on here crowing as soon as the UPS truck left the driveway.

Sign #1 of a company with cash shortfall problems: inability to deliver promised product within any reasonable window of the promise date.

10. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Ya don't give up easy do ya, Buzz?

jim brown

11. crusha

crusha TS Member

I'm sure somebody will prove me wrong.

12. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Butler could well be broke, but I don't think that is the issue. They appear to have money and are well funded, but something else is keeping these guns out of the end users hands. What I don't know, other than moving took more than they expected. Fuzz, it seems like everything is a long time line compared to initial information.

I shot and was impressed with the product last May in Reno at the GWG shoot. Jason had the company trailer and what looked like a finished product to shoot. Was told something like 3 month delivery then.

I have been told multiple times they have a shell catcher, but have not seen one even asking multiple times. Ideally it would catch two empties like a multicatch, since doubles was my thought for one.

So, who has one of these production guns and how is it working? Do you have a shell catcher for it?

13. chipdaddy

chipdaddy Member

Jesus, if someone has one of these guns, shoot the damn thing and report give everyone an update.

14. crusha

crusha TS Member

Show off prototype...collect money...head to Mexico?

15. crusha

crusha TS Member

Then just level up with people.

People understand technical problems with a new product, and the desire to get it right the first time.

People understand time and manpower issues.

People understand supply chain issues with suppliers.

But...you start talking about cash-flow and liquidity issues...and suddenly people start calling lawyers and wanting their money back - and the Bernie Madoff pyramid begins to tumble.

I suspect only the bankers know the truth on this one.

16. Dickgshot

Whatever is going on, the company didn't help itself with the phony press releases and posts on this forum. In a couple weeks the two big industry trade shows will take place in Las Vegas: the SHOT show and Bienfields Antique and Sporting Arms show. I've been to both many times. This year, they will have to be answering to the gun dealers and shooters face to face.

By all accounts, they have a good product, and the price won't scare off the people who can afford it. I hope they succeed.

17. scratcher

scratcher TS Member

The guns don't exist. Period...........

18. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

Yes, their booth at the SHOT show should be quite busy with irate dealers, customers, writers. An old children's taunt comes to mind..."Liar Liar, Pants On Fire!"

Butler Arms has lost one potential customer for sure!

19. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Seriously, who out there in ts.com land has a production Butler? I remember several of us had looked, touch and shot one....I for one was holding back for production to get rolling and some feedback. It is hard to believe no one has their shooter yet??

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

If and I say IF you get one and your gun breaks what do you think the delay will be based on current experience??

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.