1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Butler Auto @ Dixie Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OLD ONE EYE, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Stopped buy to see the gun with release trigger did not shoot it yet will shoot it on Wed. My friend ordered one 3 weeks ago came in today so they are delivering guns. They are coming out with a Youth or Ladies model with a 27 inch barrel I would really like to shoot that one. I am looking forward to shooting this on 30 inch on Wed.

2. Danny B

Danny B TS Member

The "guys" on the porch said they can understand why you want to shoot the "LADIES MODEL"......... RUN'EM

3. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

i looked at the youth model. If feels REALLY NICE. even a bit front light. They said the barrel is 4 inches shorter and the stock shorter. I talked about a regular stock with a short barrel. Might be a nice gun. motordoc

4. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

Something about the idea of a $7000 "youth shotgun" sort of makes me uncomfortable and a little bit nauseous. Just my 2 bits, don't intend to offend. gyrine,

5. 7mag

7mag Well-Known Member

7000$ would be cheap for some of the kids shooting today. Look at all the kids shooting 18000$ k guns with custom wood that runs 2 to 5 k.

6. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

I looked at their sample gun yesterday here at the Dixie Grand. I came away very impressed. It's a new concept for an auto loading gun and it's very well made. The parts are all machined and they have even used carbon fiber to reduce weight while increasing the strength. It is not front heavy like many autoloaders. To call this gun a $7,000 autoloader is really unfair. Autoloaders have traditionally been designed to be a hunting gun which made them meet a low price target. The target models that are then derived from these guns are essentially "dressed up" hunting guns. The Butler on the other hand has been designed to be a competition gun that happens to be an autoloader with the recoil reduction benefits from the auto action. It's designed to handle the large numbers of rounds target shooters typically fire. I would say calling this gun a well designed and built $7,000 competition gun that happens to be an autoloader would be more appropriate.

It sounds like their production is now ramping up nicely after their move to Utah. One of my friends here at the Silver Dollar will be getting his tomorrow.

Mark Zauhar

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Ljutic went that route with their autoloader. As I recall it didn't work out to well for Ljutic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.