1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Butler Arms XX12

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smac, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smac

smac Member

Hi,
    I was just wondering who has shot a Butler Arms auto lately and what did they think of it . Has anyone has put in a order for one and what have they been quoted on a delivery date. Thanks Scott

2. RoverLee

RoverLee TS Member

Hopefully not. They look aweful.

3. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

I for one am looking forward to shooting one at the Golden West Grand in Reno hopefully. I spoke with them and at the time they were planning on having a couple of demo guns at that shoot.

I guess beauty is in the eye....870's are not exactly a piece of art? I think they might have something going on and worth test driving at the least.

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I'm sticking to my theory that they're trying to get enough deposits on
    advance orders to fund the manufacture of the guns. I've seen the same thing
    happen dozens of times -sometimes with unfortunate results.

It happened that way with the production of the Automag - the 44 auto used
    in one of the Dirty Harry movies. The company in California took $500 deposits
    and when that money was gone they filed bankruptcy. The company was sold to
    yet another company which also went broke, and it wasn't until AMT finally
    took over the manufacture, that any of the guns were sold. Unfortunately,
    they found out what they had was an overpriced single shot auto. Now, the only
    value they have is as a collectors item.

5. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

I googled the address from their website and used streetview to look at the operation. Building is for sale or lease......hmmmm might make them at home in the garage and bring them to the "office" to sell.

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Manufacturing on a shoestring? I think I'd wait a year after production begins, then visit the facility, airline tickets aren't that expensive. Especially, if your spending $7500 plus.

7. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I believe the pistol you were refeffing to was the Bren Ten. Most pistols are built around an existing or similar mag. This was not & at the time there was not the mag manufacturers to deal with it. I have handled a Butler at a Missoula,MT shoot. Did not shoot it. Was impressed with the machining quality,use of carbon fibre,stock design & feel of the gun. As for price,how much is a new TM-9,Infinity,Ljutic,etc. I cannot speak to the longevity,manufacturer integrity & all the other intangibles. A lot depends on how well it breaks targets & the claimed recoil reduction.

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

RunGunIPSC: No the gun I'm referring to was a rotating bolt semiauto chambered
    for a special 44 cal cartridge called 44amp. I saw the prototype in Pasadena
    in 1969, one of two in existence. AMT in Irwindale,California eventually
    took over the manufacture of the gun. As I said, whatever future it might
    have had, was ended when reports of jams and other malfunctions began to
    surface.
    I was more using that as an example of the many inventions I have seen that
    attracted a lot of interest in the beginning, but then never got off the ground.

9. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Hi:
    I shot a Butler at the Nevada State shoot this weekend.
    Picked it up and went out and ran 25 from the 16; broke all birds fairly hard with a light modified.
    The next day I shot it at handicap with my own loads.
    Very well engineered and designed. A bit barrel heavy and it has very light recoil. Very good dynamics and pointing.
    I well probably order one when I know they are shipping. I was told a 90 day wait.
    The rib was carbon fiber; the 30" barrel was set very low to the receiver; pretty easy to break down and clean; needs no grease or oil; has large gas ports.
    Dave

10. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Mash the link above for a little more info on this mystery gun...

FRedmon

11. Gold Medal

Gold Medal Member

If you want to save your empty shells for reloading, you`re out of luck in registered shooting.

12. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Your choice:

No empty shells for reloading

versus

very low recoil for better focus and less fatigue.

If you have a chance to shoot one, do so.

As you get older, recoil has a greater affect on your body.

Dave

13. smac

smac Member

Hi,
    I have been trying to ring Butler Arms with no luck, on there Facebook page it mentioned an address change . Has anyone heard what is going on ?

14. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I was at the Arizona State shoot and did see his rig (Truck and trailer) sitting there but never saw Larry or his guns ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

butler arms xx12 reviews

oilxx12