1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Butler Arms Update

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dave-320c, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

A while back there was some discussion on the Butler Arms semi-auto Trap gun.

Has Butler started shipping, and what is the feedback on the first couple of months shooting?

Any updates or comments are appreciated.

Good shooting to all of us on the forum

Dave

2. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I can't answer your question other than to tell you that Cirian Oneil shot at the Great Falls Trap Club on Sat. and Sun. this last weekend. He is a Butler Rep and he showed us what it can do.

His scores were right up there including a 97 from the 27 in Dark overcast skies. I watched him close in the shootoff he was in and his shoulder didn't seem to move at all. He is of slender build. I was impressed.

I just don't think the wife would let me buy another so soon after the Seitz. :)

Rick in MT

3. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Do they have a web site to look at there gun ???

4. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

5. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I have looked at & held the gun. Am impressed with all that I have seen,first class work & design. I bought my first trap gun 50 yrs ago & have had or tried most all. Have not shot it,that is the proof.

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Jim, all Larry had was an idea and very little cash when he hatched the idea of making the ultimate semi-auto loader. I've shot the gun with both a pull and release trigger and both smokes targets. The trigger is on par or exceeds some of the better known O/Us for crispness and quick. My two semi-auto loaders triggers can't come close to comparing with Larry's triggers, totally new concept. I do however wish him luck in getting his fine guns to market though!

Hap

7. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

As far as Half upfront and Balance on Delivery...Most of The Finest Doubles and O/U in The World.. are Contracted in this Manor. If you wanted one, I would'nt let that Stop your New Gun Purchase. Looking Forward to seeing one at the East Coast Shoot's. Shoot Well..Shoot Often, with Good Friends, Bart

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

People ordering the gun and paying the deposit should be aware of the risk
    involved. If you couldn't afford to lose the $ 3,750, it's may not be a good
    idea to order one.

9. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Mash on the link above for a little taste of the Butler with a few short video clips.

FRedmon

10. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

It looks like the Browning Double Auto action, but from the top of the receiver, not the bottom and with the loading port on the right.
    Doug Allison

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Doug, that was the gun that inspired Larry to build this gun!!

Hap

12. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Butler Arms is at the Nebraska State Highschool Shoot this week. I handled the gun yesterday. I was told to go try it out on a practice trap, but they were rather busy. Was even offered the shells to shoot it. May shoot it tomorrow if the traps aren't too busy.

Steve

13. dkarre

dkarre TS Member

I had the chance to shoot the butler arms semi auto today at the cornhusker state shoot.and I was very impressed. The balance of the firearm is fantastic, it operates soo smoothly and the trigger is very nice. The internals of the gun is an oil-less and o ring less design, it takes a small allen wrench. And like a 10 mm end wrench to disassemble the entire thing, trigger in all. The way you insert shells into it is unique in that the press them in to the reciever and the gun literally eats the shell and feeds it in. Id be really interested in it if it weren't quite so expensive, as $7500 is quite pricey.

14. firstmt

firstmt TS Member

I have shot a box through one and the recoil is almost like shooting a .223 caliber rifle. You could shoot it all day long and feel no discomfort. Ciaran O'Neil from Kalispell is a very good shot in his own right, but since he has starting shooting the Butler, he is on fire. Very fast and light handling, the slide in system for the shell is really unique and durable. The quality of construction is just has good or better then Beretta and Browning trap guns. If your are a auto shotgun shooter this gun is the best or if you need a soft shooter you will not find a gun will so little recoil. Jason Lee is the West Coast salesperson and a friend and he will be at most of the major shoots throughout the west, you can also contact him via phone. He can answer all your questions, don't have his number but you can get the factory's number here in Kalispell through information and they will get you in touch with him. Good shooting !!!

15. DrSavey

DrSavey TS Member

Met Jason Lee at Reno this past week and shot a couple of rounds with this gun. Ditto what dkarre said about it. If I had not just gotten a Perazzi and was looking for something new, this might just be on order.
    After a 6 year absence from shooting I have now come back and have some major shooting issues. I shot one round with the Butler and I could not hit anything, just like my present gun. Jason made a few adjustments to the gun and I went back out and started pounding targets for the first time since coming back earlier this year.
    Soft shooter, easy disassembly/assembly, all parts are very beefy, easy to load/unload even with a release trigger. Release trigger is excellent.
    Cons: can not use paper hulls and no way to catch emtyies.
    For someone who has put over 3 grand into modifing a berreta auto, I find the $7500 not to bad.
    Side note: spent some time with Luccio from Perazzi USA and was able to figure a lot out with my shooting, lets just say I now have scotch tape on my left lens.
    Butler is a great gun and about as state of the art as I have seen. If the TM9X doesn't decide to like me by July then I might have to go Butler. I would like to see Zookie shoot doubles with this....
    Don Savey

16. xtxt

xtxt Active Member

How about someone that has received or currently owns one of these guns put a thread on here and tell us about it. Not the guys that have shot the reps.gun.
    I think its been over three months and a few orders ago that we should be hearing from them.

Don S.

17. rickd

rickd TS Member

I plunked down my deposit and cant wait for my gun to arrive. shot the gun in March at Ben Avery range in Phoenix. Butler rep Jason helped me set up the stock and adjustable rib and I smoked 24. Recoil? What Recoil!!
    and the trigger (pull in my case) is soo SWEET. And Im comparing it to Perazzi which I have shot for years

got a call from Shane at Butler last week to tell me they are right on schedule with production and I may even see the gun a few days early.
    I will post my evaluation as soon as I can on this forum.

18. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Thanks, guys, for all the feedback. I shot the Butler in Las Vegas, and ran 25 at the 16 first time out.

I, too, am really looking for feedback from new owners. I am very glad to hear that deliveries are eminent.

Please let the forum know when you receive your Butlers, and how you are doing with them.

Dave

19. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

20. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

How are the visuals when shooting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.