1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Butler Arms Unsingle Auto

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by joe90t, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Ok Guys start saving Your MONEY!!!! I Shot Larry Butler"s NEW Un-single Auto shotgun Yesterday At The Spring Grand At Tucson. WOW what a Trap Gun, it is amazing!!!!. Shot a round of 25 and "Smoked" 24 and dusted the other one. Never had picked it up before yesterday.Larry had a release trigger(I Am Old And Use one)that is as smooth & Fast as My Silver Seitz!!!. Now The Important Part of The Story-----NO RECOIL At ALL None-- Zilch-- Nada-- Just does NOT Have Recoil. ANYONE That Is Recoil sensitive to recoil (And We ALL Are)will be able to shoot those 300 Target days With NO Problem. If i had the CASH i would buy one JUST To let Shooters Try It and see what an AMAZING Gun This Is. This Gun Will Change The Way Shooters Feel About RECOIL. Joe Whitehurst joe90t

2. George MT.

George MT. Moderator Staff Member

I have shot the prototypes of the Butler and really liked it.The gun is very light so for somebody who does not want to swing a heavier gun it is a nice gun to consider.My dad is 79 and shot the proto from handicap really well.Joe say hello to Jason and the crew with Butler from us up in the Flathead.George JR.

Jeff Jenkins thanked this.
  3. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

Does it make a lot of racket moving the bolt like other automatics?.......SMOKIT

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

And you can buy them..where?

5. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Do you think there's a market for a $7,500.00 semi-auto
    trap gun? Good luck......

6. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Not to be confused with *technocriticism.

The **Luddites were a social movement of 19th-century English textile artisans who protested – often by destroying mechanized looms – against the changes produced by the Industrial Revolution, which they felt were leaving them without work and changing their way of life. The movement was named after General Ned Ludd or King Ludd, a mythical figure who, like Robin Hood, was reputed to live in Sherwood Forest.

*Not to be confused with trapshooters.

**Not to be confused with trapshooters.

(Blatently cut and pasted, that is plagerized, from the Webencyclopedia--David)

7. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

I guess price and value are in the eye of the beholder. I for one can't wait to shoot one, and believe Butler will be represented at the Golden State Grand in Reno this May. At least I am hoping so, as it looks like a slick rig to me.

And here is the really good part......send it directly to Dennis and Cindy DeVault to custom build one of their left over pieces of firewood on it with the great checkering....fits me just right.....it might just turn out to be a good shooter, you never know?

8. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Do i think there is a Market for a 7500.00 Auto Shotgun!!! The answer is YES. The Reason is SOME of our Shooters are "Getting" on in age But, still want to shoot.Ok Recoil is a problem for some of these Gentlemen NOW That problem is Solved!!. John Q. Citizen is 75 yrs old and can afford a K-80-Perazzi-Silver Seitz-Dt-10-Most Expensive Browning-Bowen-Ljutic-BUT Weight & Recoil Are his Problem. This Is A 8.5 lb Gun WITH NO RECOIL & Is NOT A Clicke-Clack Noise Maker Has a SUPER Smooth Pull or Release Trigger.-----1.5 million dollar Prevost So, yes there is a Market for this Gun.Are these the only people that can afford this gun!!NO just sell the K-P Gun and have one that does it All And DOES NOT HURT YOU.!!!Just Saying joe90t

9. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

How about a photo.

JON

10. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see a pic of the gun being shouldered and shot the gun....SOMEBODY must have snapped one!

11. tj303

tj303 Member

Google is your friend.

http://butlerarmsusa.com/site/

12. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

How about a video, close up, we'll see if the head moves from recoil. I'd buy one with no recoil (??????) and a release trigger as good as a Ljutic.

13. windyflat

windyflat Member

webisite just has a picture of the sporting stock

14. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Hey Joe90T thanks for posting the results of your shooting the Butler lots of interest I can;t wait to see and shoot one myself. 7500 is not such a big deal when you look at Boats, cars, golf, flying, most hobbies are costly I have ruled out Yachts , airplanes, exotic cars so a Butler looks reasonable to me and the sporting guys shoot lots of autos I think because the shoot heavy loads 1350 -1400 they believe they need it I just shoot trap loads 1oz at 1200 so they will be all over this gun IMHO and remember Sporting is pricey compared to trap here in sunny Fla.

15. APrice

APrice Active Member

NO recoil seems to defy the laws of physics. LOW recoil I might believe.

16. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

What is wrong with a well fitting PFS or BumpBuster/etc, those seem to shoot really soft so how much lighter do you REALLY need?

17. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The issue here isn't whether or not the Butler is a great gun, or even
    if it's worth $ 7,500.

It's a business decision. The initial investment to build the gun is
    substantial. Patent costs, marketing,distribution, etc. add to
    the cost.

Where will the initial capital investment come from? Is the market large
    enough to support the product? Considering the economy and gas prices, is
    trapshooting a good market to get into?

I think if these questions had been answered, they wouldn't still be shopping
    it around at all the big shoots.

18. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

....but sometimes things are built/invented with the idea: Build it well and innovative and "they" will find you and build a market. I mean we had, for example, telegraphs, wirephoto, the Atlantic cable, etc. Who needed then, the telephone, fax, computer, satellite telephone, cell phone, etc.?

19. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

Just starting out in the sport I look at my gun as more art, or a piece of enjoyment when I open the case, or start to clean it. Right now I dont think something like this would interest me. If I ever got competitive enough to where I looked at my gun as a tool then this would be right up my alley. If it can do what an OU can do but with less recoil, and look good while doing it, then $7500 doesnt seem to high of a price for a tool that is helping you get the job done. Also keep in mind that you wouldnt have the need to buy a $3000 extra barrel to go along with the gun. Its not something for me right now, but I would never rule it out in the future. I can see why this would be attractive to somebody who wants a high end gun feel, but in a semi form.

20. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

FAB ARMS will soon be shipping their adjustable rib trap gun which
    is supposed to retail for about $2,500.00 FAB ARMS is now owned by Guerini.
    It's going to be tough justifing an extra $5,000.00 for a Butler. Photo's
    of the FAB gun are posted on TS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.