1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

But would you buy Chinese ammo?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jnoemanh, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

I haven't seen any Chinese shotshells...yet, but I'll bet they're coming. Since they have no environmental costs, and cheap labor, and no import duties, maybe they'll do the same thing to Win, Rem and Federal as they've done to hundreds of other industries.

Suppose the next WalMart ad has Tsing-Tao 1-1/8 loads @ $29/flat. A buddy patterns and chronographs some and reports they shoot just like the low priced American stuff. The local club hot gun runs 200X200 with them. Someone else claims he's reloaded them 8 times, no problem.

Whatchagonnado?

2. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I'd buy them. I see more and more people using RIO, Kemen, and other foreign shells, chinese shells would just be another imported shell.

3. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

Sure you have. You almost had me believing you the first time you brought up great wall ammo.

4. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

ni zhòu mà bù cuò!!!!

We're already are buying from Spain, Italy, Germany, France, etc...

Why not the Chinese?

Bring all them "Tsing-Tao 1-1/8 loads @ $29/flat"

Some one shows up at your gunclub, runs a 200 with them you'll be running out to buy them.

Shot for 18 a bag, wads for 30 a case, , 8lbs of powder for 40, primers for 50 a case.

All of us reloaders would by gobbling it up.

You can take that to the bank!! Hate to say it but its true, its economics, its making ends meet at home, its doing what you have to do for the now.

5. Jeepin Ben

Jeepin Ben TS Member

If the price is right, I'd buy it.

Napoleon said "Men are more easily governed through their vices than through their virtues." When the vice is saving money, it's amazing how fast people tend to forget their moral high ground and high tail it to the nearest Super Mega Store.

6. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

If the chinks made ammo in 00 buckshot it would make the cost of patroling our borders aainst the illegals a lot cheaper. Assuming of course that the Border Patrol Agents had permission to shoot. Federal, Winchester and Remington could then concentrate on making premium trap loads at $30/flat ( like the old days )

7. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

There selling shotguns on G/B and Auction Arms why not shells? Jon

8. dfm

dfm Member

Back in the mid-90's before Clinton cut them off I shot a flat of Chinese skeet loads. These were loaded to Olympic standards w/#9 shot. Except for recoiling a bit they crushed targets just fine. Seems like the cost was around $12-15 for the flat.

9. dverna

dverna Active Member

Chinese shells at <$35/flat would fly off the shelves if they broke birds.

Many shooters who would not give a tiny rats a$$ if they could save a few dollars.

For me, I hope they import primers and shot. I prefer to shoot reloads over promo shells.

Don

10. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Yeah, keep buying Chinese crap...our biggest importer and they have a military 4 times bigger than ours and nukes aimed at US. China is the last place I would buy from. Pollution? Oh yeah, coal fired power plants coming online every month...hey Al Gore, get your butt over to China and see if they welcome your global warming stance.

11. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Yea right. I'd bet 80% of the contents in both Jimx, and 221's homes are filled with Chinese "crap".

Say whatt you want to say, take the high road, but if Chinese shells, powder, shot, primers, and wads come in and its half the price of American stuff or a quarter of European stuff, your ass will be buying it.

Like I said, you may not like it but you/we all will.

12. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

trade deficit...we dont care 'bout no steenking trade deficit. Let's just give 'em the keys to our cities...they've pretty much bought us anyway.

13. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Wrong BigAl. You don't have a clue as to what I have in my house. I go to great lenghts to not buy Chinese goods. Oh, I take the "high road" because I don't like Chinese made goods?...more of my belief in a principal of not supporting an oppressive Communist country that is our enemy. You do know what principals are Al? So your ass is buying it, not mine. Guys like you would probably drink Dim Sum Beer if it costs a dime less than Bud. Next time you're at a big shoot, make sure to stop by the Remington, WInchester, or Federal booth and show them your China made shells.

14. joshif

joshif TS Member

They "Are-Were" here. I have a couple of Jye-Ling(sp?) shells I got from a guy in'97! Blue with silver colored heads.Money talks. Why do you think Win. has Super Target? Rem.Gun Club?,Fed. Top Gun? They ARE trying to compete.Kinda hard when the American Companies have to pay BIG Insurance costs,Utility Costs,and higher wages than One Hung Lo earns! All you righteous "Americans" listen up! Go to work for one of the Big 3 and work for $5.00 a week with no Bennies,no coffee breaks,no sick days,no holidays,no personal days,no maternity leave(for you gals,)No getting off for the first day of buck season,tell the boss to shut off the heat and A/C and the lights to save money and keep our costs down so WE can shoot cheap!What the heck are some of you thinking? There's NO WAY anyone can compete against cheap labor!How many of you or your family own Nike Shoes? Now tell me how the big 3 can GIVE you a bargain?

15. Calgary Guy

Calgary Guy TS Member

Didnt I just read on here about guys going out and picking used wads??

I think that thread has all your answers.
    LOLOLOLOL

IF I could get a flat of shells that worked just fine and let me save a substancial amount of $$$, I wouldnt care who made them or what store sold them.

Calgary Guy

16. cableguy

cableguy TS Member

If I could read "Made in China" anywhere on the case, I wouldn't. It's a personal choice and I choose not too. I'll spend the extra dollars on something with Made in the USA on it. Just my $0.02 I just bought about 500 rounds of handgun ammo based on where it was made (Lewiston, ID)(Close to home). I don't really know where Estates are made though. Just my $0.02.

Shawn

17. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Estates are made in Texas I believe.

Don

18. oz

oz Active Member

yep chinese stuff is junk. just go to job lot, christmas tree shop and others and that is all you will find. stuff comes in a box lables (made in china). BUT remember they invented gunpowder. oz

19. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Might try them if they are cheap and do the job. But, this is a guestimate just because someone has nothing better to do than yell "The sky is falling the sky is falling" also Piranaha claims in his rant that unions have caused the quality of American made products to go to hell. I guess he knows better than anyone else being the expert on who is in charge of QC at American factories. Last I knew the QC people were all company hands who weren't affiliated with unions. That's the way I've always seen it but I'm sure he knows better than I. Yes it's the unions fault for wanting a livable wage and then laying down on the job so the quality of their products and work is crap. :) I wonder where this Piranaha guy comes up with this shit? Dan

20. phirel

phirel TS Member

I can see a great advantage to shells made in China. They could contain a little slip of paper similar to the ones in fortune cookies that could tell you what to expect from post one and five, if you should enter the Lewis purse or if you should skip the event.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.