1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Business class flights (Int'l)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by sernv99, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Business class flights (Int

I will be taking a trip to the Philippines at the end of October and will be staying for about 10 days.

My girlfriend called a travel agent friend of hers and was qouted over $5000 for a business class seat for me. I am 6'1" and I do not think I could sit in coach for the 20 hour or so flight from Washington DC to Seoul. I can put up with coach class from Seoul to Manila (it's about a 4 hr flight).

anyone here, who has travel a lot on business class recently, have a good website to use to get a better deal on a business class seat? Or if you are in the DC metro region, do you know of a good travel agent that can get a better price on a business class ticket, roundtrip (from Dulles Airport to Seoul and from Seoul to Dulles)? I was told Korean Air is my best bet to fly out of the Washington DC area to the Philippines.

Thanks in advance.

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Fly economy and save up to $2000 unless you're not paying for it.

Eric

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I'm as thrifty as they come.. If you can post here.. you certainly are able to surf the internet for good air fares..Korean Airlines is normally pretty good in the price department.. but check all of them.. I've found the best "deals" come later at night.. after you have been on for an hour or so.. I think there are something in the cookies that lets them know you aren't bitting on the first fish.. I'd go to ASIA.com and see where it takes you..

4. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Many companies offer an 'economy plus' seat - a bit more than economy, but noting near the cost of business. Typically these are the 'old' business seats - much wider and a good shot more leg room, but not the full recliners of today's business class.

I know BA offers it, and you should be able to route from DC to London, and then on to Seoul.

I use a travel agent in the Philly area who does wonders for me on prices, e-mial me directly and I will give you her contact info (drop the X's)

David D

5. PINOYSHOOTER

PINOYSHOOTER Member

Sir,

If I have the money, I will certainly fly business class. Coach class seat not advisable for a 6'1" guy like you. From DC to Seoul approx. 13 hours and 10 minutes depending on the head wind. Suggest you travel all the way to Manila business class because you are not going to save much money traveling business from DC to Seoul then economy Seoul to Manila. The seat on a business class reclines (actually not recline), it becomes a bed and you can lay flat and sleep well. Food are fantastic as well as service is impeccable.

I would certainly fly business class for the reason being I will be rested and relax so when I arrive Manila I will be strong and ready for action.

Mabuhay and maligayang paglalakbay sa Manila pero ingat lang.

6. 87AA

87AA TS Member

servn99,

The link above will give you more travel related sites then you'll ever need. I will tell you, as someone who flys 150,000+ a year, $5000 for IAD-MNL return is a good price. In general, flying business to any spot in Asia usually runs $7500 to $9000. You might be able to lower you cost by flying an LCC (Southwest/Jet Blue) to the West Coast and then flying one of the international carriers from there.

7. JPSemper

JPSemper Member

As an alternative to flying Business Class, pick out the flights and check which type of aircraft they are using and ask for exit row or bulkhead. Sometimes you can request the row when making the reservation. sometimes they hold those seats out for their premier and elderly flyers. It's certainly worth a shot.

I fly about 45 weeks a year and I always try to get the exit row or Business Class on International flight. My company pays for business class on the International flights.

Good luck.

John Semprini

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.