1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bushnell Radar Gun. Good or Bad???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Auctioneer, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I know there are better radar units out there but how is the Bushnell radar gun? Is it worth anything or should I look for a higher grade unit? Thanks.

2. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

The one I had was junk. Not worth the money. It was brand new too. I would recommend looking elsewhere. The pocket radar is getting good reviews if you have good angles and close.

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Thanks, thats more info then I had before. I'm not trying to be cheap but I also don't want to spend alot for something that will be use a handfull of times during the year.

Any other advice will be welcome.

4. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

Not sure what your budget is but i would highly recommend finding a good Jugs Professional model. You should be able to find for around $350. They are worth the money.

5. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

We have been using a Busnell for the last three or four years. Compared it with a couple of others and it is right on the number. For the price, if it goes bad, I'll buy another.

Big Jack

6. missemucho

missemucho Member

I completely agree with Big Jack; we bought a Bushnell on EBAY around 5 years ago and it works perfectly. Cost was under $100. No complaints about speed at our club, which is more than I can say for some "big name" shoots.
    John

7. whopper1

whopper1 Member

Bought one about two years ago. When I check it against a vehicle spedometer, it is spot on. Shows our trap targets at 41-42 mph. Seems to be a good value to me.

Dave

8. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

I have one, and am very happy with it. I've compared it to more high-end radar guns, and it was spot-on. You do, however, have to squat behind the trap house when doing readings. The higher-end radar guns allow you to take readings from more distance.

9. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Never have had one issue with mine. Compared speed readings to several others at clubs in the area, and all within 1 MPH.

For the reasonable price I paid on Ebay for this I am very satisfied.

Dave in SC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bushnell radar guns good or bad