1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bushings for Promo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by warren, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warren

warren Member

I ordered a keg of promo and can't find the bushing size it's not on the Alliant reloading guide. I think I can use the same one as for red dot and e3 anybody know for sure?????

warren

2. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

NO YOU CANT USE THE SAME AS RED DOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I use 429 Hornady bushing BUT FOR GOD sack and your safety use a scale and measure it to be safe!

Jerry Lewis

3. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

NO YOU CANT USE THE SAME AS RED DOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I use 429 Hornady bushing BUT FOR GOD sack and your safety use a scale and measure it to be safe!

Jerry Lewis

4. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

You can use the RedDot recipes, and substitute Promo, BY WEIGHT, not by bushing size. Use a scale. Mark

5. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

YES to all answers above, Promo "usually" requires 2 or 3 sizes SMALLER. 1st purchase-- a GOOD scale-- then use correct bushing as per published data.That said I've tried Promo and it seems to be a very good powder, consistent drops--not too sensitive to temps. Ross Puls

6. warren

warren Member

Thank you for your input that's what I wanted to know 2 or 3 sizes smaller I have a chart that says how much powder to use I just don't know the bushing and I'm well aware of the scales requirment, now I have a starting point. Thanks John

7. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I have a MEC9000H and load nothing but promo.

I like shooting a 1 ounce load, 1200 FPS, and I use a #32 bushing in my MEC to achieve that. Gives me about 18 grains of powder.

Kevin

8. woodchuk

woodchuk Member

I have a mec 9000 and reload sts shells 1 oz. loads with winchester primers i use 34 bushing 19.3 to 19.5 grains depends on drop really quick load i think speed around 1290

9. biggunone

biggunone Member

I load with a 800 plus gun club hulls,drf8 wads or cb-3118,fio primers,19.5 grs,1200fps,bushing 32-33 for 3 yrs now great load for everything.

10. biggunone

biggunone Member

1 1/8 oz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.