1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bushing storage ideas

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I like many others have a lot of bushings both powder and shot. In my case I load with a PW and have all the bushings but I also have most all the Mec bushings because with an adapter they are more versatile. ( You can get a load in between some of the PW's and also if you use the Mec with an adapter, they come out of the loader much easier. The PW has the two holes for easy removal without draining powder and shot but easy is not what you get). Anyway to my question. I am looking for ideas on storage such as a nice looking board with holes or shelf etc. I would appreciate if anybody has a neat idea they are using to post photos on here. ( Maybe Gary the UNLOADER makes something??)

2. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

glue several empty primer containers to a piece of plywood, then get a 1\4 dowel rod or old pencil stubs & cut into approx. 1in. lengths, push or glue into holes. Set the whole thing on a slight angle & (hang) your bushings in order, you can see & select very easily. Also makes good use of those (recycleable) pesky empty trays that we all don't know what to do with. And its cheap & keeps you from chasing mama around, she may appreciate this suggestion more than us guys. Anyway have a good evening!! Ross

3. Mapper

Mapper Member

Yep, chunk of plywood, coupla pieces of dowel, Then a freestanding base or hang it on the wall. Be sure to bore the holes on an angle to keep the bushings in place. Gorilla glue should hold the pegs in forever. Some cherry stain and a couple of coats poly varnish and you're there. If you like, label the pegs and glue the labels fast before varnishing. MK

4. jhoward

jhoward Member

I bought one of those Plano tackle boxes that's about 2" deep. They come in various sizes and have adjustable dividers inside. Then I just used a Sharpie to write the bushing size on each compartment. Makes finding the bushing and returning very easy. Plus they don't end up all over the floor when I reach across the bench for something and knock them over!

5. cementman

cementman Member

Loading all four guages, accumulated quite a few bushings thru the years. Ended up with a Plano box and identified each partitition with the busing number and also marked top of bushing with permanent marker. The permanent marker holds up pretty well except with a lot of use in the loader, wears off. Also see that the bushings that in use are replaced with a cut-off shell.

<a href="http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o257/kgwolo/?action=view&current=IMG_0547.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

6. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I use a plastic fishing lure storage box from Cabela's. It's about 1.5" tall and has 6 different compartments. The bushings fit in there easily. The one I've got will hold about 25 to 30 bushings. It holds all the shot bushings and powder bushings that I need for my 366 in one convenient box.

Easystreet

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Several good ideas, thx everyone and also cementman for taking the time to put a photo on.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

This one is easy. You need a spacer under each one to bring it up level with the top of the cavity. I used some card filler wads. Smallest is number 10. largest is 42.

HM

9. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I use a MEC and a little fishing clear platic box works just fine. Darrell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.