1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bush White House in disarray on 2nd ammendmen

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by wireguy, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

The Bush White House continues to display it's spinelessness and ineptitude on the upcoming Supreme Court case of the century.
    http://www.townhall.com/columnists/RobertDNovak/2008/03/13/ws_gun_battle

2. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

WTF!!! We are the PEOPLE!! Just as in the first, and every other amendment to the Bill Of Rights!!!

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

There is a balanced article in this week's US News & World Report that also says a win could be a step backward for the NRA. I don't fully understand all the ramifications that this case may have, but I fail to see how confirming the 2nd Amendment as a personal right, moves us backward.

Jay

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    But....but....but....the Republicans are our friends?<br>
    <br>
    Right?<br>
    <br>
    RIGHT?

5. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

deckart - if you go to the link above, you can see and hear some of the stuff. The NRA is a powerful lobby and last fall, candidates did speak out. But go to the NRA Political Victory Fund and get lots of information on both the State and Federal level. IMHO, if you are not hearing from the NRA, I believe you are not listening and you are not very active in protecting your own rights.

6. Gary Waalkes

Sad days Deckart - but you have a good point, we should see a more even handed approach on the evening news. Absent that, we can only try to stay on top. Constant media attention shapes opinions and attitudes. Sadly, the only attention guns and shooters get is negative. If the Dems get more power, you can bet the ranch they will be coming after guns (and money). I will share a response I got from Senator Carper (Democrat - Delaware) regarding his no vote on the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (and this was more than 2 years ago). The common thread with Hillary and Barak is the same as all the anti gunners. They all talk of "common sense gun reform". The following is part of Mr. Carpers response to my questioning of his vote on that very important piece of legislation.

Mr Carper wrote: "As a believer in common sense gun reform that is respectful of both our second amendment rights and the views of law enforcement ersonnel, I joined 30 of my colleagues in voting against the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act in the 109th Congress. In my view, the legislation would strip away the legal rights of victims, including law enforcement officials and their families, to seek damages against irresponsible gun dealers
    and manufacturers."

7. Gary Waalkes

go ahead - stay home in November - your life will be changed forever

8. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

We have laid down and let them charge us whatever they want to for fuel. Oil companies are making BILLIONS of NET PROFIT per quarter. So now they are trying take our gun rights away and they might just do that if we stay laid down on our backs. I believe in free markets but also Big Brother needs to step in when things are so out of hand!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.