1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bush Vetoes Bill and HE'S RIGHT!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Al 29, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

George Bush is so right when he said this bill is total shit. A timed withdraw of our troops would spell disaster. It would disgrace the country and only strengthen the enemy.

Politicians need to stay away from the military and its operations and timetables. Government tells the military the objective and their desired outcome and the military takes care of the rest. That's the way it is done. Nancy Pelosi, Kennedy and the rest of the Democrats have got to see that this bill is FUBAR.

George Washington warned about the creation of Political Parties. He despised the thought of parties because government would soon only think about undermining each other's party and the real issues of the times would become secondhand. Congressmen would vote party lines instead of their beliefs in fear of being ostracized.

This bullshit is a shining example of what the big guy was talking about. The war is so party divided it makes me sick. Do we really think how these people are voting is how they really feel? We are our own worst enemy because we don't stick together. Sure right after 9-11 everyone was on board now a few years later "If I would have known then what I know now" bullshit that is coming out of Hillary and the others is horseshit. Politicians care more about politics than doing what is right and this is why the big guy hated the idea of having political parties.

We're in the middle of a shit storm and Iraq is small potatoes if we leave. If we don't see it through, we are only going to strengthen the hand of those ragheads and instead of fighting in Iraq we may be fighting in your and my backyard. They only understand one thing and that is force of action. Hell.... the top Alchada A-hole in Iraq was smoked by the locals yesterday. The people are starting to fight back. If we roll now everything we did is for naught.

And these Democrat A-holes know it and don't care. All they want is a political victory over the Republicans and could care less about what happens if we leave.

2. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

I would squad with you 3 gentlemen anytime. I had to laugh tonite while watching the nightly "news". At the beginning of the program they were doing their typical bleeding heart crap talking about immigration and how it splits up those poor families when the parents get deported and don't take their legally born children back to mexico with them.

then at the end of the program, they had a special segment on a new drug called ," cheese ", which is heroin and ephedrine mixed together. evidently it's popular with school aged kids. so they do the same old thing and interview a kid that was an addict and selling the stuff at 11 yrs. old. i'll give you one guess as to his nationality. yup. mexican immigrant.

brett d.

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Big Al I couldn't agree with you more. Divided we fall, together we stand tall. George Washington was so right. It is the same in businesses, even families. I still support Pres. Bush 100 percent. I don't like some of the things that are happening but feel he's right in what he's doing. Jackie B.

4. winselect

winselect TS Member

Ive never meat a democrate that wasnt a total idiot.
    Kevin

5. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Big Al you are right when you said that it's bullshit. It's bullshit that we were fed lies and we believed them. Apparently you still do. Too bad. I'm sick of seeing our boys and ladies die for nought. Nada not one damn thing. If we won what would we have won???????????????? What????????? Nothing to win there boys but oil that's right, oil is the big prize. They never came out and told you we are lying through our teeth to you people but the reason is big oil and all the time this war is going we the oil men are gonna make profit like 40 times what we should and be patroitic and bomb hell out of them. If you don't agree with us you are a traitor.If you speak against us you are a traitor. If your son dies and you want to talk to the president and camp outside of his ranch you are a traitor. Sound familiar? If you step back and look at that attitude all you have to do is drop back 70 years to Germany and that's what you got. Nazi's. So I'll take my attitude and stand over here on the left away from the Nazi's and their point of view. Hell if our boys want to face danger let them come home and face their wives on Saturday night. That's a scary thought. Lets pull our troops and let them fight their civil war and then if we don't get the oil we wanted in the first place then we go back in.Hell with them I'm saying we pull the troops now and stop payment on the last group of checks to all the contractors. Let them all come home and go to work. Dan

6. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Big Al 29 said "If we don't see it through, we are only going to strengthen the hand of those ragheads and instead of fighting in Iraq we may be fighting in your and my backyard."

Somebody explain this to me, please. They have had 4 years of our military distracted by wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and they haven't been able to penetrate our homeland. With 150,000 soldiers redeployed, securing our borders, wouldn't we actually be safer?

This is a legitimate question. It's easy to say, "they'll just follow us home." I just don't see the logic. I hope I'm right.

Securing our borders is worth much more than the war in Iraq. I'm not talking about the war in Afghanistan, only Iraq.

Danny

7. Bluerock1

Bluerock1 Member

Sounds like sammie didn't put much in the markets. If you had you would be singing another song. The economy is doing great. Sammie probably wants a tax increase. Yeah. that will fix it.
    Bluerock1

8. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

looks like the libbies are going to win. I hope they are right and the world we be at peace when we have to give it up. No more terrorism after Bush gives it up.

9. grammie

grammie TS Member

Bush has only one reason for his veto of this bill,,,,and "pork" has nothing to do with it!!!!! Thats just the cover!!!

A bill passed into "law" with a "timetable" would spell disaster not for the country!!!!! But for the "STOCK PRICES" of corporations involved in the Military/Industrial Complex that builds,designs,and then pushes weapons systems onto the U.S. and its people!!!!

All those stocks are at their highs,,,,,and big time government contracts worth 100's of millions of dollars for Arizona alone was just approved in the last couple of years,,,,,to announce a "time" for withdrawel would hurt many companies,,,and the chances of getting any new "military spending" thru appropriations in a Democratic controlled government are almost zero!!!!!

He does not want a "specific date" mentioned,,,because the stock market would react,,,,,Not the American People!!!!!!!!!!

Come'on people,,,,,,,stop being sheep!!!!!!!!!!!

AKA Grammie...........

10. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

winselect said:

"Ive never meat a democrate that wasnt a total idiot. Kevin"

Well, I have met some who could spell and use proper english and punctuation. But, I guess that isn't important if they are total idiots.

11. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Well said, Jimmy. Well said.

Brett D.

12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The Dems want power and don't give a rat's butt about whats right, wrong, or best for the country. If we announce a withdrawl date, all will be lost in Iraq.
    Thats like telling the enemy "just sit back and wait till we leave, then you can do anything you want". There is no timetable for war. If the enemy is chewing at your heels, you have to put the bait out and kill them when you can.
    That is excatly what our military has been doing, and very affectively! My son in law just got back from Iraq, and he said the population, though uneducated knows what they have to do, but lacks the organization to develope it quick enough to be affective. We need to give them the time to build up.

Harry Reid should be run out of politics for his treasonous remarks, and our 3 major networks are just as responsible.

If we leave, their will be terror attacks on not only Iraq oil fields, but also Arab oil fields. If that happens, grab your knickers, $5.00 gasoline will result, and EVERYONE's job and our economy will be greatly affected. imagine what that will do to the normal mans paycheck. Wake up and see the facts.

Is that enough reason to stay and finish the job?

13. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Not sure if the link above works, or whether you have to cut and paste. Anyway, this is an editorial that ran in my local paper today, apparently from the NY Times piece. Writer served in Iraq, and the main point of the article is his support for the surge. Look though at the sections below, taken out of context.

He seems to concede that the Iraqis, now and in the near future, are incapable and unwilling to maintain their own security. He even argues for deadlines.

Read and consider carefully. He is estimating 14 years total, ten additional from now. Based on extrapolation, this translates into $1.5 trillion and 8,000 military casualties.

The 18-year-old Iraqis who entered the service or police force after March 2003 will be 32-year-olds by the time this Democracy is stable, according to the writer. Does anyone think Iraqis have the stomach for that kind of commitment? It doesn't show in their last 6,000 years of history.

Danny

"Most Americans who have served side by side with Iraqi units, especially those of us who have been advisers to Iraqi companies and battalions, believe that significant numbers of our soldiers will be needed in Iraq for another decade. This timeline is about average for a classic insurgency, and optimistic for one so muddied by tribal feuds and religious hatred."...

"If American politicians pull the marines out of Anbar, the Iraqi soldiers told me, they too will have to pull back, ceding some zones to protect others. The same is true in the Baghdad neighborhoods where the early stages of the surge have made life livable again."...

"The surge must be accompanied by a commensurate surge in Iraqi troops. To date, the Iraqis have simply been shifting soldiers from other areas into Baghdad. But these are stop-gap soldiers — as are our own — when what we seek is permanence. The Iraqi government must double the size of its army, to 300,000 combat troops from 150,000 today. The American surge will give them the breathing room to do so, and a deadline by which it must be done."

14. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

dust4fun,

sounds to me like your thoughts are "down party lines" as well. in my opinion, neither side has all of the answers in this argument, but when i look at who the dems and libs have on their side, i'll stick to the right, thank you very much.

brett d.

15. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

JBBOR said:

"I wish people like sammie and his ilk would find something more inspiring for their cause than the "Mission Accomplished" BS they keep spouting. If it weren't for the MSM and hacks, such as sammie, it would be taken for what it was. The sailors on the ship put it up. They were headed home with their "Mission Accomplished". The air support that toppled Saddam."

Yea. That was what I heard too. Right from the lips of Limbaugh, Hannity and Scott McClellan, the President's press secretary. No reason to doubt them.
    Funny thing though, when I was in the Navy on a carrier, we didn't have great big two hunderd foot long banners with pre-printed professionally done political slogans. Hmm.

Seems that it was actually Karl Rove's idea. I mean, he is the White House propoganda czar. When asked directly about it, good ol' McClellan said: "We took care of the production of it [the banner]. We have people to do those things."
    http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/10/28/mission.accomplished/

Turns out, that wasn't true either. According to John Dickerson of TIME magazine, the White House later conceded that they actually hung the banner.
    http://www.time.com/time/columnist/printout/0,8816,536170,00.html

Of course, the nice speach that Bush gave in front of the nice banner had me and most Americans feeling pretty darn good. I mean, it was nice to hear that:
    "In the Battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed."
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/05/01/iraq/main551946.shtml

Good ol' Rove later stated: "I wish the banner [had] not [been] up there."
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/04/30/politics/main614998.shtml

Now Jimmy, I don't want to rain on your parade. I consider myself a very conservative Republican. I sorta would like the current propaganda machine to go away, Rove, Fox news, Limbaugh and all. I used to like it when the President at least tried to spin the truth instead of abandoning it all together and just creating reality. And, when that gets young Americans killed, (like it did to a fine young 21 year old son of my good friend by an RPG) it sorta makes me mad. But then, that's just me.
    Jake

16. smartass

smartass TS Member

Any President regardless of party (wimpy Jimmy Carter being the only exception) would have vetoed this bill. Irrespective of opinions about Iraq, the fact is that the constitution plainly says that the President is the commander-in-chief. Our forefathers were smart enough to know that you can't have a committee accomplish that function. Just how do any of you liberals think 535 commanders-in-chief will work?

17. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

God I love it when people like Sammie and Grammie bitch about president Bush, the military, the economy and illegals, while my 401K continues to grow, grow and grow! The harder I work the richer I get. Ohhh, thats right we call that capitalism! Grammie and Sammie, I am not interested in your centrist social democratic idealism ( each according to his ability..each according to his needs). Greed is good! Greed has built this country and greed will continue its success as a world power! I would suggest you both take your sorry asses to Europe and then you can complain about America like the europeans do, get 8 week vacations and give up 56% of your hard earned money! JoeE is right you sound like communists!!

Our country may not be prefect but it is the best one to live in by far! I don't see many people applying for asylum elsewhere? Long live this Democratic Republic, long live Capitalism, long live Yankee Imperialism, long live Gunboat Diplomacy and long live my 401K. : )

Rick

18. grammie

grammie TS Member

Rico46:

You mentioned "democracy",,,,,Correct me if I am wrong,,,,But dosen't that mean people expressing their opinion thru dissent,,,and voting???? If that is the case,,,,,then this president is going AGAINST the wishes of this Democratic Republic!!!!

When you see the end of this "conflict",,,,look at your 401k VS the results of bringing democracy to the savage's in the desert,,,,,,and I can easily see you saying------"Well,,,,a few thousand dead soldiers,,several more thousand maimed ones------It was worth it to me!!!!!!!!!!!

Greed!!!!!!!!! Greed,,,,has lead us to attack the wrong country!!! Greed has allowed us to think that killing upwards of 600,000 people,,,"the WRONG people I might add" is bringing "democracy"!!!

I just wonder what YOUR "benchmark" is when judging something???? Can all be made well,,,,If YOU make a "profit"????

All you war mongers out there!!!! Is this how you will settle the issue without yourself?????? There will be NO victory that YOU will recognize!!! Are you just going to say----"There!!! Were're even now"!!!!! Were're even for seveal buildings 3,000 civilians,,3,000+ soldiers,,in exchange for 700,000 of your own dead!!!!! The WRONG DEAD!!!!

The people really responsible???? The Saudi's!!!! They continue to enjoy owning 15% of this country and its wealth,,,they continue diplomatic ties and business with this country and the friendship of George Bush!!!!

When its over,,,the dead counted and buried,,,what will you Rico be thankful for????? The troops who bled for nothing,,,,or your 401k?????

AKA Grammie..........

19. mastergunner

mastergunner TS Member

Well if you like the fact that he vetoed the bill just tell the sorry democrats to get 2/3 of the majority and pass the bill. If it is so great a bill then they can pass it without the President.

The bill sucks. I am mister terrorist I will just wait for the troop withdrawl then I will have won the battle with America. When you pass this law all I have to do is wait until that date.

20. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

you are right Sammie about taxes, but the democrats are far worse on spending that even this administration. That is a fact. Their proposed spending was even more. Exxon mobil made 10% profits last year. A lot of drug and finance companies made much more. Who has a monopoly? There are only two US owned major car companies. Lots os supply and demand in commodities these days. look at grains and meat prices. It is not going to go down as long as demand stays up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.