1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bush to give $800.00 to everyone?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nukinfuts, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nukinfuts

nukinfuts TS Member

I breifly heard on the radio that Bush wants to give every single person a check for $800.00 And couples $1500.00. in Feb. Something about kick starting the country? Did anyone heard this or is this one of those things a dj says so you won't change the station at the commericals.....Nuc

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I'm single. Just send me 40 bags of 7 1/2's and I will be happy!

3. nipper

nipper TS Member

its true you will get a check,and also pay income tax on it next april 15th

bill

4. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Those who don't pay taxes will not get the rebate check....supposedly! And its more like $500.00 for singles and $1600.00 for couples. I don't think they have finally decided the amounts yet.

5. nipper

nipper TS Member

We will have a riot if the free loaders dont get their "cut"

Bill

6. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

Check your income. My wife and I work hard and make too much to get the money. Another welfare program to me.

Mike

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Sorry to burst your bubble guys, "President George W. Bush's administration is considering an individual tax rebate of UP TO 800 dollars" (emphasis added). I'm sure it'll end up being a percentage of what you actually paid, not everyone gets $800 no matter what they paid.

8. AAA 27 AAA

AAA 27 AAA TS Member

Trappermike; You don't get it do you? You paid the taxes to begin with. How on earth do you perceive this as another welfare program?

The projected dollars is part of an ECONOMIC STIMULUS package to boost our stressed economy. The motive behind the rebate is for us to take the money and spend it, thus throwing money back into the economy. Personally, I don't think it will do a whole lot of good. Most people will need it to buy gas for their cars, and not much of the money will be spent to generate more business for dry goods industries.

It's a good thought, but has only a very short term impact.

9. Boxer

Boxer TS Member

better off with the 800 Hillarys gonna take your shells away

10. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

As a great man once said Voo-Doo economics. But then you find another like him.

Rock

Jim

11. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

As discussed previously, George W is smart enough to know that the real impact of our HUGE debt and overspending is going to hit hard. He is also smart enough to know that it is likely a Democrat will be the next president. So, heck yea, give away more funny money and run up the "debt." It will help stave off any immediate recession and then, when the shit really hits the fan, it can all be blamed on the next guy (or gal). Damn democrats.

This is not a complicated equation. Jake

12. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Getting a check of ANY size from a government that is already $3 trillion in debt is a ludicrous, meaningless gesture. That's why most of the people who received it the last time did NOT spend it.

The investment community is already telling the administration that these actions will NOT work, that tax cuts without major spending revisions will NOT correct failed economic policy and that "give-away" programs will NOT restore consumer confidence.

Vive President Cheney, a major force behind the administration's economic policies, is fully in favor of continuing federal deficit spending while stockpiling oil reserves for government use. His focus is on the survival of the government rather than on the health of the consumer economy and that's reflected in his influence on Bush policy.

Morgan

13. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Economics majors you are not. By the way the last time this was done 80% of the money was spent within a week of getting it.

Don

14. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

" By the way the last time this was done 80% of the money was spent within a week of getting it."

A history major you're not. Spent, yes, but not in ways that stimulated economic growth. More than 30% was contributed to charities and not-profit programs.

Morgan

15. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

If you guys don't want the money you can always send it back. There is no law saying you can't pay more tax than what you are by law suppose to pay. Go ahead send all your money to the IRS and feel good about yourself.

16. nukinfuts

nukinfuts TS Member

Last I heard was you don't have to pay tax's on the money!...Nuc

17. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Who cares how the money was or will be spent, You can't help the economy by the wild spending Bush's administration has been doing. The government should run the country's finances like most people do their household finances, take care of your own house first and other than a house and car if you can't pay cash you can't afford it. His whole time in office has been bent on bankrupting the government and the figures prove it.

The only interest that Bush and Cheney have is to help the oil industry rape and pillage the American citizen!!! You can flame away on these comments all you want but you will never change most minds on these thoughts.

Bill

18. primed

primed Well-Known Member

keep in mind that the government doesn't have any money except that which it takes from us. Anything they spend they have to get from the middle and upper class taxpayer. Chances are that it will cost most trapshooters much more than they will get. Sorry for venting but I just efiled my tax returns and it was not pretty.

Bob

19. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Last time I looked it was Congress who spent the money. Who controls that?? By the way the Dems are taking credit for it(the gift) on the news as we speak. So be careful who you blame or credit. I would rather they give it back to the taxpayers then spending it on "how purple polar bears mate in august".

Get prepared - we are waiting in Mich. for the democratic bimbo gov. to pull the silver handle and finish flushing us down the drain. The recession hit here a couple of years ago.

Don

20. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I recall Nixon doing the same thing in the 1970's. I think I got $200.00. As well as price controls. Anyone else remember that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.