1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Burris the democrat

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Paladin, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Here is Burris' first version;

"Shortly after Blagojevich's arrest, Burris said the charges outlined "appalling" and "reprehensible" behavior. He applauded an effort by the attorney general to have the courts remove Blagojevich, saying the governor could no longer do his job."

Then comes Burris next version;

"Sen. Roland Burris of Illinois says ex-Gov. Rod Blagojevich wanted a $10,000 campaign donation before he appointed him to Obama's old Senate seat, but he didn't pay up."

Then comes the cover lies;

"There were several facts that I was not given the opportunity to make during my testimony,"

Now comes the latest version of NORMAL DEMOCRAT POLITICS AND PROCEDURE;

"Burris admits trying to raise money for former Gov. Blagojevich"

The entire democrat party has apparently attended the 'slick willie school of lies and deceit'. It will take decades to recover from the second president to be impeached. Decades,,if it EVER happens.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Janusian.

HM

3. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

you know, they didn't ask so he felt he didn't have to tell, kind of like A-roid.

4. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

They did ask, partygirl. The media simply echoed his words "they didn't ask".

The transcripts are very clear, and Burris flat lied.

5. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Paladin:

Many of us simply refer to Burris as the junior stooge from Illinois.

He's from Chicago actually. However, as one of our resident misguided posters pointed out, Burris was born downstate. That's true. He was. Al Capone wasn't born in Chicago either. They are/were just long time Chicago transplants sharing common ethics, values, and morals.

Burris' original testimony before Blagojevich's impeachment panel was that he
    (Burris) had one brief conversation with the former Gov. prior to being named to the U.S. Senate. He lied.

Late last week Burris quietly filed an affidavit with the same panel admitting he had spoken with the former Gov's crooked brother three times, the Gov's former chief of staff Mr. Harris (who was doing the perp walk the same morning Blagojevich was), and two or three other Blagojevich staffers.

Apparently Burris simply _forgot_ the other six or eight conversations he had with the other four or five Blagojevich confidants. I'm thinking it's an honest mistake - rather like all the dem cabinet nominees forgetting to pay their taxes.

Hey, it could happen to anybody, especially to a Chicago politician.

sissy

6. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

I know Paladin, I watched the hearing live. I watched Durkin question him and thought to myself that Jim was being a real dick because of the detail in his questions to Burris. Now I know why he was being so explicit in his questions, and Burris clearly lied. I hope they have a real gunner in the Sangamon Co District Attorneys office who really goes after him. What really ticks me is that the impeachment committee held the affidavit for 9 days so the Dems would have 60 votes in the Senate for the stimulus bill. They are disgusting.

7. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Democrat politics as usual.....

8. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

oops, I meant "Demunist"

9. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

True to form for an Illinois politician / Democrat he his being finger printed and fitted for a jump suite as we speak. Or at least he should be.

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

and just what did we expect?

Curt

11. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Vote for Obammy. Chicago Demoncratic politics for the entire nation. Change you can believe in.

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The Democraic Organization is alive and well in the State of Illinois ... Business as usual, vote early and vote often ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Hey, Burris was the most honest Chicago Democrat they could find.

14. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

RECALL OF ALL! enough said!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.