1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

burris optics any feed back???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Any one have any feedback on burris optics?

2. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I have one of their 45x 50mm spotting scopes and it is very clear and has decent eye relief. I can see .22 holes in a target at 200 yards.

I also have a 4.5 x 14 AO rifle scope that is acceptable. It has good clarity in the field of view and decent eye relief. The adjustments are accurate and the point of impact remains consistent at different power ratings. I paid around $350 for the scope. It is almost equal to a Leupold.

All in all, I consider the Burris optics to be near but not quite as good as a Leupold. Next time, I will gladly pay an additional $100-200 or so for the equivalent Leupold.

Ed Ward

3. bill2

bill2 Member

They fixed a pair of binoculars for me that were out of warranty by a few months. They were not obligated and we both new it, NO Charge. Bill2

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I have one on a Marlin 45-70 and its had the snot kicked out of it with some near 458 WinMag loads...a very tough piece of glass and very bright too

5. M-16

M-16 TS Member

Agree with gmag. Plus even cheap scopes today tie or beat scopes for clarity from 20 years ago. Nikon is a very good scope for the money. I still like Ziess but can't afford to many of them

6. JDinTX

JDinTX Member

I bought one of thier Extreme Tactical scopes 3 yrs ago. Put it on a an AR10 and it has been great, no probs. JD

7. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

I have owned a Black Diamond, very durable and clear on the optics, but heavy. I also have the Fullfield II and Signature series. All look great during daytime hours, however, the images in the signature and the black diamond were a little crisper and if it was twilight or hazy conditions. However, there was not enough differnce that would cause me to miss a shot.

What are you looking for in a Burris? I happen to have a new in box, never mounted 3-9x40 Signature Electro-Dot scope (not the newer Signature Select series, I didn't like it when they put the eyepiece and power adjustment together), just sitting in the safe, if you have any interest.

John E.

8. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

Be aware that the Fullfield II is made in China now.

9. trackerdan

trackerdan Member

I almost bought a short-mag 2-7. Wished I had can't find them anywhere now. I thought they were lifetime warranty?

10. Landshark

Landshark Member

I have a newer FFII 3-9X40 on a 300 WSM. After 160 rounds it still tracks well and holds zero.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.