1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Burris Binoculars

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blizzard, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Thoughts? Best prices? Thanks.

2. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Anyone?

3. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I bought a Burris scope a year or so ago that came with a pair of binoculars as part of a package promotional deal. I gave the binoculars to a nephew. He likes them OK.

4. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

Burris makes excellent products at a very good price. They make varying levels of quality. There low end stuff is good for the money. There high end products are up their between "middle of the road" and "best" quality.

5. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

In 2 months I'm moving to Idaho, and want to buy some good glass w/o spending Zeiss or Swarovski money. I know that there is no replacement for the best, but I want to get the best quality that I can for the money I'm willing to spend. I have a Burris scope and really like it. Looking to spend around 400.00. Thanks.

6. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

From what I know Burris and Pentax makes glass for each other. One makes all the scopes, the other makes the binoculars. Don't remember who does what.
    Burris is a very good mid level glass. I'd messed around with different binoculars for years at one time thinking $50 bought a good pair. About 9 years ago I bought my last pair, Swarovski 7x42 SLC, about as good as they got back then. A few year later I bought a pair for my son of Pentax DCF 8 x43 for less than 50% of the Swarovski. I, nor any of the many people I had compare them side by side could tell the difference. Unless you make your living using binoculars I'd buy the Pentax if I had to do it all over again.
    If you're really interested in the story behind the different producers of optics I'd strongly recommend reading John Barnsness "Optics for the Hunter" He goes in depth why Euro glass cost as much as it does, but it's not always because of quality. He gives great insight on what makes good glass. It's worth your reading before you fork over big bucks for so called quality glass.

7. BustClays

BustClays Member

Some Burris only has 0ne year warranty, most has lifetime, look for their warranty statement. High end Bushnell will compete with anybody. Their Elite series binoculars are outstanding.

bustclays

If you can find a 7x42 discoverer for under $300, snap it up, you won't be sorry.

8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Check out Steiners; even the loss leader priced ones are very high quality. I use the marine model for spotting varmints (gophers) out to 400 yards. I use the marine model because they were on sale; makes no difference in what I see, likely just filters certain colors more efficiently. I think mine are 10x30's

Steiners are waterproof and each eyepiece focuses individually. Wonderful binos.

9. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Alpen Optics is the name/brand you want. For under $400 you can equal thebest of the Euros in perfomance. send me your snaily and I'll see if I can't find a coupon for 10-15% off. I bought a great pair just after Christmas. I like the quality even better than my Leupold spotting scope.

10. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

I like my Nikons very much.