1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Burned

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by darr, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I have bought 3 guns numerous chokes and other accessories without a hitch.Most everybody under estimates what they are selling.Alas I was burned.It is my fault.I sent a 60.00 postal MO and never received my recoil pad and Graco.Problem is I miss placed the damn receipt.So, I am screwed.If I could find that receipt I would publish the crooked SOBs name.Not only that I would do my best to get the Fed.s involved.I will not publish his name because without proof it means nothing.I will continue to trust people on this sight but be much more careful with the paper work.By the way since this incident I have not seen his name on this forum.It is a sad day when somebody will burn you over 60.00 dollars but that is the world we live.Lesson learned

Darr Wilson

2. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Florida

3. darr

darr Well-Known Member

What gets me is 60.00 dollars.I mean if you are going to screw somebody I would think it would be for more than that,

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Nope, if you're gunna burn someone, do it for small amounts, and do it a lot.<br>
    <br>
    The reason is, small amounts add up, and they aren't a felony. In fact, they're so small that they fly under the radar of the authorities, and it often costs so much in gas, food, lodging and time that only the most hard core person who stands on principle is going to hunt them down and deal with the problem in person.<br>
    <br>
    Sad but true.<br>
    <br>
    Find the receipt or email exchange and out them here. That's the best recourse.

5. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Remember all things can happen to cause a delay. Lets hope this is one of them. Does he respond to Email?

I did a search and came up with this.......Is this the one? Again, lets hope for the best.Ray.......

F/S Graco pad plate and kickeez rocker pad
    Most Recent Posts First

Poster By Posted Date/Time
    reyper 20-Feb-07 - 05:16 PM CT
    Newcomer 20-Feb-07 - 06:23 PM CT
    reyper 21-Feb-07 - 10:06 AM CT
    darr 23-Feb-07 - 08:35 PM CT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Subject: F/S Graco pad plate and kickeez rocker pad
    Email: wutdfly@hotmail.com
    Date: Tue, Feb 20, 2007 - 05:16 PM CT
    Website Address:

I had a Graco adjustable pad plate with a kickeez rocker pad added to an uncut stock to add length but still needed more so I replaced it with a recoil reducer. Pad plate and pad like new just refit. $60 shipped in lower 48. e-mail above please.

Reply to the Forum Thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Email:
    Date: Tue, Feb 20, 2007 - 06:23 PM CT
    Website Address:

Was it ground to fit a specific gun? What kind?

Newcomer

Email: wutdfly@hotmail.com
    Date: Wed, Feb 21, 2007 - 10:06 AM CT
    Website Address:

It was originally fit to an uncut Beretta stock.

Email: darrwilson@yahoo.com
    Date: Fri, Feb 23, 2007 - 08:35 PM CT
    Website Address:

I will take it .You have email.

Darr

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

Where in FL?

7. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Maybe contact him at his other email address above it looks like he is still selling as of today.

I find it hard to believe that he does this type of buisness all the time because I searched and he has probably had over 200 things on here for sale in the past also Wanting to buy stuff a lot too.

Hope it works out.

Foghorn

8. dwtrap

dwtrap TS Member

I have bought from him before. He has always been very good. One time he did not ship product. I found out my check got lost in the mail.I called him and he found check at the post office.He then shipped.

dwtrap.

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I sent a postal money order priority mail for a Leupold scope I bought in NC. It was lost behind the sorting counter at the NC post office for over a week!! I sent the tracking number to the seller and on his third trip to the N.C. PO they finally found it! Chit happens! Hap

10. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

I have never understood why people are so fast to call foul with out researching the reason. It, even though unfounded, has tendency to blight both individuals reputation. JMHO FD

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Seems pretty painless.

12. Trapmike

Trapmike TS Member

Paypal is the only way to pay online. it offers protection verse bad sellers and also provides records which can be lost by the buyers. it is win win for both sides when you use it.

13. bgf

bgf Active Member

Paypal?????????

You got to be kidding. First they do not deal in gun purchases or anything to do will guns if they know what the Item is. Secondly, if you have an account with them via your bank account good luck in getting a refund from them if necessary. I will use PayPal if I need too because of the seller's request, but only using my credit card for purchase. That is where I have the security...my credit card...maybe…if PayPal does not protest the refund.

Bernie

14. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I didn't mention a name because I lost the receipt.I did send it.I beleive the mailing date was Feb.23.I emailed you,you said you did not receive it and that was that.It was my fault for not securing the receipt.If I had the receipt I would of raised hell but I don't.Is it possible the postal service lost it,maybe.As I said without receipt I have no argument.Lesson learned.

Darr Wilson

15. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

I've been on both sides of that coin.

Sent payment for a Mec 9000 here on TS.com and then saw a post from the seller about two weeks later selling the same item saying I backed out. I got a little panicky and asked him why he thought I had backed out, then the check showed up. I think it was 2 or 3 weeks after I had sent it.

I also have sent payment, could not get a hold of the seller for about 2 weeks and thought I was out the cash on a gun. Low and behold, he e-mailed me that he was sent out of town on business and would send the gun ASAP. Showed up about 3 days later.

What it really comes down to is COMMUNICATION. Get a phone number along with e-mail address and home address and COMMUNICATE if you have any concerns. I still believe people for the most part, especially in the shooting community, are good people. Give them the benefit of the doubt.

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Darr,

If you had a Postal money order, the USPO will have a record of same and be able to find it and cancel it out for you and give you a refund ... I was told this by the Post Master at the local Post Office not long ago, because it happened to my wife ... We did all of the paperwork and have not yet got the refund but I figure its like money in the bank ... I would go and explain the situation and see what happens ... We found the receipt after we filed the paperwork so if all else fails I will take that to them and go from there ... Nothing ventured, nothing gained ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I have also done business with Rey and have gotten more than
    I bargained for. Thanks for the GORGEOUS stockset for my K-80 Sporter!

18. Bavaria-Grade

Bavaria-Grade Member

A few months ago I bought a PFS stock from Rey. It was exactly as he described it. Based on that transaction I would definitely do business with him again.

Jerry Baker

19. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Rey I don,'t know what happened.I have had mail lost before.I went to the post office today and was told to return tomorrow to talk to the supervisor.It won't do any good but I will try.Bottom line is if I don't lose the damn receipt there is no problem.It is just disappointing because I have had many good experiences on this forum.The reason I did not contact you again is I had no proof that I had sent money.But,I certainly wouldn't of told you it was mailed if it wasn't.Maybe it will show up or I can get a # from the supervisor tomorrow.At least it was 60.00 and not 2500.00.Hopefully this will take care of itself.

Darr Wilson

20. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I went to post office with no luck getting a copy of the money order.When I posted this thread I did not think names would be named.For that I apologize.This situation is as much my fault as anybodies for not securing the receipt.Rey wrote me saying he has not received it and I believe him.It would not be the first time the postal service has screwed up.Next transaction I make will be a cashiers check.Hopefully it shows up if not at least it was only 60.00

Darr Wilson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.