1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Burl Ives, you older guys.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sitting here thinking and a song comes to mind. It was an old one by Burl Ives. Some of you younguns probably thinking 'who the hell is Burl Ives'. He must have been the original Folk Song singer. The tune that keeps coming to mind is 'There was an old Lady'. I'll start the first verse how many of you old men con fill in the blanks? Rules are if you pick up the second verse you have to type in the first verse also. Here we go........

There was an old lady who swallowed a fly, I don't know why she swallowed a fly. Perhaps she'll die.

What came next???? One verse per turn. The guy who finishes it I will send a 2 shell spare shell holder. Mike.

2. 5 Stand Dan

5 Stand Dan Active Member

I know an old lady who swallowed a fly, I don't know why she swallowed the fly, I guess she'll die.

I know an old lady who swallowed a spider, That wriggled and jiggled and tickled inside her. She swallowed the spider to catch the fly, I don't know why she swallowed the fly, I guess she'll die.

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Good one Dan.

4. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

There was an old lady who swallowed a bird;

How absurd to swallow a bird.

She swallowed the bird to catch the spider,

She swallowed the spider to catch the fly;

I don't know why she swallowed a fly-Perhaps she'll die!

5. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tojKdGW7TBA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

When I was living at home we had a Christmas album of his. He had a great voice.
    Steve Balistreri

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I always liked his performance in The Big Country, playing Rufus Hannassey. As a kid his role amazed me, because it was so out of character for him. Keep in mind this was the Burl Ives who was the voice of the snowman in the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer animation, and now he was playing a vicious, ruthless, nasty old man.

He also made the first recording of Ghost Riders in the Sky....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j2klh2cTa_Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

we sang this as a kid but don't remember all the verses And Im not that old hahaha

9. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

I'm young and really appreciate his songs in "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" every December.

10. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

"I got a gal shaped just like a frog. Found her drinking muddy water, sleeing in a hollow log."

11. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

How about his preformance of Big Daddy in Cat On A Hot Tin Roof? Liz Taylor was beautiful.

Wayne

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2ncFrg9afa8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

My favorite song of his is "Mr In Between" "Jimmy Crack Corn" was a good one as well

13. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Real name of Jimmy crack corn. The blue tail fly.I like it too.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1ardNXjE-_I?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.