1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bunker Trap: which shotgun?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by archangel, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archangel

archangel Member

Soon I will visit my mom(81) in Nashville and want to go to the Nashville Gun Club to try bunker trap. My choices are a 32 inch citori xt: slow to swing, Beretta 391 28" barrel points well, or my 870tb, still is one of my favorites. I probably will not take the second shot. I'm leaning towards the 391 or the citori. Any thoughts? mike

2. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

Whichever fits you best and you have the most confidence in. You may want to try the second shot, though, so just consider that.

Bit of advice...don't try to do anything differently. just see it, acquire it, kill it.

Hope you have fun.

Voolfie

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Take the one you usually shoot for trap. Bunker is just hyped up trap targets. It's fun to get two shots at them. Just don't admire your miss, before you shoot again. Bang, bang! Mark

4. Kassidee

Kassidee TS Member

I shoot bunker trap and shoot a citori xt trap gold. The weight and the swing is perfect for me for bunker. I couldn't pick a better gun for bunker. I love my citori!

Make sure you don't compare your ata scores to the bunker. Bunker is a whole different game. Have fun! It's definitely a challenge!:)

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

Take the O/U as fussing with an Automatic is not worth the bother. Snapping an auto closed will set off targets and piss the range owner off. Leave it at home and use the O/U.

T

6. archangel

archangel Member

Thanks I'm taking the o/u. forgot about the voice release mike

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

What Tom said. Bring your O/U with tighter and tightest chokes. I prefer LF/XF chokes, YMMV.

Pm me when you get in town, we might be able to shoot. Bunker is open Wed, Sat, Sun. They do NOT have Bunker ammo. The one ounce 1290 field loads will work for casual shooting, can be bought at the big box stores.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

32 inch barrels for bunker trap

best shot gun for bunker trap

bunker trap gun

the best gun for bunker trap