1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bunker Trap - Kansas

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Voolfie, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

Does anyone know what the story is with that Olympic Trap Range that got built next door to the Kansas Trapshooters Association? Is it part of the KTA? Is it part of that Ark Valley Gun Club next door? Is it open yet? Is it (will it be) open to the public? Inquiring minds and all that...

J.F. Wolfington
    Philadelphia, PA

2. WBD

WBD Member

Yes, I do. It was built by Mike Raymond and his son, Bill. I saw it this past weekend at the Kansas Skeet Shooting Association state championships, held next to it at Ark Valley Gun Club. Mike and Bill gave me a tour. Absolutely beautiful. Here is Mike's e-mail: mike@raymondoil.com

If you are in the area, I know he and Bill would love to give you a show. W

3. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

WBD,

Thanks for the intel. -JW

4. max trap

max trap Member

This place is unreal...was at the Ks state shoot this summer and drove in just to look around. Mike and Bill were there and gave me a tour !! It looked like no expense was spared and the thought to detail was second to none ! I watched as they shot a round of bunker trap and had a new apreciation for just how hard bunker really is. The tour and genuine pride they had in what they built shows ! Thanks Mike and Bill for taking the time for me ! Would love to shoot there some day. Mmmm NO RELEASE TRIGGERS in bunker !! Yikes....Ed Grubbs

5. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

Ed,

Release triggers are a "no-no" in ISSF (International Shooting Sports Federation) sanctioned matches (World Cups, World Championships, The Olympics) and I'm not sure of USA Shooting's position on them, but at most matches, they don't get a second look. So, I wouldn't worry too much about it. -John Wolfington

6. Baber

Baber TS Member

USA Shootings position regarding RT is clear. They are discouraged but you can use them but not if you are on the US team or shooting for any award. Its interesting that both Beratta and Perazzi told the ISSF shotgun committee that they considered them dangerous.

Tom

7. Bill Raymond

Bill Raymond TS Member

Thank you for all for the nice comments. I can be reached at bill@raymondoil.com

billraymond_2010_28092.jpg

billraymond_2010_28093.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. stockguy

stockguy Member

I'm glad you supplied the pictures, Bill. It really shows the first class facility you've built. Many people have been asking about it.

Greg Hissem

9. Maxey Brantley

Maxey Brantley Member

You may have to copy and paste this link to see the current USAS rule book:

http://www.usashooting.org/downloads/usas%202011%20shotgun.pdf

"Rule 9.4.2.2 Release Triggers - Guns with any form of 'release' trigger actions are prohibited."

Took me 2+ years to switch back. Difficult, but not impossible to say the least.

V/r
    Maxey

10. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Very nice, shooting under the lights has got to be challenging to say the least! HJH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bunker trap rangets in kansas

bunker trap shoots in kansas