1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bunker trap instructional dvd

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by drbortone, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drbortone

drbortone Member

Dear Coaches, Olympic Trap Competitors & Enthusiasts;
    I know a lot of you are coaching kids with potential to become Olympic Trap (also known as Bunker Trap or International trap) or Skeet shooters. If some of you have tried to coach young shooters to compete in the Junior Olympic you may have already found out that Olympic Trap is a very different shooting sports and not much information is available. I am an experienced Olympic trap shooter and my passion for the sport has taken me to find a good source of information I could use and introduce the young athletes to the sport. Finally, last year after an extensive search I found the only DVD made exclusively on Olympic Trap by World Renowned shooter Rodolfo Vigano'. I contacted the publisher house in Italy and was able to get a copy and review it. I can say it is excellent and presented in 4 languages (Italian, English, Spanish and French). Later last year the second set of DVDs came out (2 in the set) for the advance Olympic Trap Shooters. I was able to support the publisher in the revision of the translations from Italian to English and Spanish. The second DVD "Advance Trap Shooting" is also a master piece. The publisher has agreed to give us an introductory price here in the US of $ 55 for the two sets. The price includes shipping and handling. The DVDs have already been reviewed by the top Olympic Trap shooters and coaches in the US. Bellow is a statement from a International Trap Coach:

"An instructional DVD set of Olympic Trapshooting by both famed Italian Olympic Trapshooters Rodolfo Vigano and Marco Venturini (Several times world champion and Olympic Medalist) are now available for purchase in the U.S. market place. There is a single CD created by Rodolfo Vigano which is titled "ABC of Trap-shooting. The second two DVD set was created by both Rodolfo and Marco. The three DVD set is available through Dr. Eugenio Bortone for $55.00 (includes S&H in the US). All DVDs have a (4) language option and English is one of the options. I have received my copies of them and I reviewed them last night. They are very good and it gives you a lot of insight into various aspects of the game. These DVD's are suitable from beginners through advanced shooters"

To order these DVD's you must contact Dr. Bortone at the following address:

Dr. Eugenio Bortone (drbortone@aol.com)

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip.

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

I received these tapes last weekend. The translations are voice overs and are quite good. These are excellent tapes for bunker shooting. We do need however a basic beginner tape showing the bunker, traps and the very basics of these sports. These tapes assume that you have seen a bunker and have a basic appreciation of their layout. we need something a little more basic to show Juniors and SCTP shooters to introduce them to Olympic trap.

TB

4. drbortone

drbortone Member

Dear Olympic Trap shooters.

First I must thank Tom for his prompt reply to the question posted by one of our fellow shooters.
    I will try to help a little bit more on who the featured shooters are. First I must inform all that Les Greevy is publishing an article about the DVDs. This will be featured on Trap and Field - April's issue. Now regarding the shooters I can tell you that their sports resume is really extensive but I will summarize it as follows: Rodolfo Vigano' - several times Junior World, Europe Olympic Trap and Universal Trap Champion, also several times Italian Champion (you that italy has over 1000 bunkers - and lots and lots of OT shooters? check FITAV.com). Rodolfo shoots for the Perazzi team and is a coach, and forms part of the Italian selection team. Marco Venturini -- starter trap shooting in 1975 (darn same year I did except that I stopped for unwanted reasons) - has won several World Cups, European Cups, and needless to say Italian Cups (is like a World Cup), besides the latter he won BRONZE medal in the Olympic Games of Barcelona Spain (you will see why he missed silver medal in the DVD), Marco also has a World Record 149/150 (if not impressive I do not know what it will be -- think about 100/100 in ATA Trap is easy - 100/100 in OT is MAJOR). I am sure that by now you know that the Publisher has picked la Creme de la Creme.
    Regarding the basics of the basics I agree that more basic information on the OT is needed. Info on the layout, the rules, etc. I will convey this info to Rodolfo and Mrs. Rosanna Romanazzi (CEO - Publishing house) this coming Saturday at a meeting I have with them.
    Lastly, I want to thank all the OT enthusiasts for contacting me and ordering the DVDs. I really hope this helps grow the sport in the US - we need more bunkers - lots of bunkers. After all Bunker started in the US and was adopted abroad as - yes as the Olympic Clay target shooting of choice.
    All - the publisher has several other DVDs the one I really have enjoyed too is the Catalog of World Arms it is just amazing. Check it out at www.arcimboldeb.com and if you are interested I can help you get them.
    Eugenio

5. webley

webley TS Member

I’ve had the ‘ABC of Trapshooting’ for a while; & the ‘How to Get An Extra Clay – Advanced’ (2 DVD set) arrived a few weeks ago.

Both are well worth buying & both contain much valuable information. The shooting achievements of both Rudy & Marco are extremely impressive & they are likable presenters, their advice on the DVD’s can be trusted to say the least.

As a mild criticism though I have to say though that much of the information was present via ‘talking to camera’ sequences. A book would have been as effective in conveying the information – the whole point of a video presentation is to show via the moving image what can’t be adequately conveyed by other forms of media. For instance it would have been great to have seen some better 'over the shoulder' (normal & slow motion) sequences of the presenters shooting (similar to those in Phil Kiner’s DVD). The few such sequences on the 'ABC of Trap' DVD (none in the other DVD) were over exposed, badly edited (i.e. always cut early to a close-up the same clay breaking) & showed thus little of value. The Todd Bender Skeet DVD’s are the best I’ve seen for making the best use of the camera/moving image.

There’s a French produced DVD available which covers Universal Trench (basically a 5 trap version of OT) – it’s only available in the French language but because correct use is made of the media & such a lot of information is visual - even a non-French speaking beginner would learn a lot from it.

The above comment aside – I’d instantly buy the Rudy & Marco DVD’s again (if I lost mine) & I do highly recommend them.

I agree with Mr Baber that for an initial introduction to Olympic Trap or Universal Trench (i.e. for someone who’s never seen it shot at all) then an even more basic DVD would be helpful (showing at least a typical squad shooting).

Regards

Russell

6. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I am glad to know these are available. Jake

7. Shooting Coach

Mine are on the way. I will give review.

8. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Eugenio,

You might also give thought to posting this offer over on the InternationalShotgun.net forum.

See link above

Best
    Jim

9. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Bump for a good guy.

10. webley

webley TS Member

Sportshot,

In the sentence you quoted - the DVD’s I was referring to (and named specifically) were the ‘ABC of Trapshooting’ & ‘How to Get an Extra Clay – Advanced’.

The titles quoted are those written on the boxes - as sold to me.

The former is on a single disc whilst the latter is a two disc set.

Regards

Russell

11. webley

webley TS Member

Sportshot,

It’s worth having a look at the ISSF website: www.issf.tv

This link may or may not take you to the Belgrade World Cup event as a starter:

http://www.issf.tv/default.aspx

They have some coverage of the 2007 finals in the various events throughout the year. The 2006/2005 coverage was awful (don’t bother looking) but they’ve done a better job for 2007 & you can view the ‘low res’ ‘streaming’ version online for free. The coverage is not meant to be instructional as such but it’s still interesting watching the various styles adopted by the finalists.

There’s a notable shooter or coach helping with the commentary on many of the finals covered & some of the comments are worth listening to.

Regards

Russell

12. drbortone

drbortone Member

Thanks all for your support and for spreading out the word on the DVDs. Please feel free to give me your input either to my e-mail or post it on this forum. I was able to shoot with Rodolfo Vigano' last Saturday and I honestly can say he is a great guy and needless to say Awesom Olympic Trap shooter. I shot side by side with him and saw him dust 2 times 25/25. He later competed on a monthly match and won first post out of 112 shooters. You can see pictures taken during my visit to Lonato.

Best
    Eugenio

13. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

A little help for you Eugenio - your link didn't work.

the one above will take you to the correct website.

can't wait to see the DVD myself.

cheers
    jim

14. Baber

Baber TS Member

Was looking at them again last night. Well worth it. I learn a little more each time I view them.

Tom

15. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Eugenio - just checked your website, nice job! I look forward to seeing additional information - every site that goes up with information promoting the sport of Olympic Trap is another window for a young shooter to see the possibilities.

We need more bunkers - it is the only way we are going to grow the sport in the USA.

With additional bunkers comes the possibility of hosting more events - that is the other thing we desperately need. The kids are starved for more competition. This last aspect has been the big success of the SCTP program - out here in Northern California we get 200+ kids to a SCTP event and we hold 6 of them between late March - mid June. That is a lot of kids, heck, even the bigger local ATA/PITA shoots struggle to get that many squads. The kids love the competitive environment - squad practice is okay but match day is a big deal.

Jim

16. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

"As a mild criticism though I have to say though that much of the information was present via ‘talking to camera’ sequences. A book would have been as effective in conveying the information – the whole point of a video presentation is to show via the moving image what can’t be adequately conveyed by other forms of media. For instance it would have been great to have seen some better 'over the shoulder' (normal & slow motion) sequences of the presenters shooting (similar to those in Phil Kiner’s DVD). The few such sequences on the 'ABC of Trap' DVD (none in the other DVD) were over exposed, badly edited (i.e. always cut early to a close-up the same clay breaking) & showed thus little of value."

This somehow doesn't sound like "mild criticism." It sounds like the video tapes aren't very good. Why isn't anybody just telling the truth?"

17. Shooting Coach

Ordered DVDs Feb 6. Still waiting.

18. Hatshooter

Hatshooter TS Member

same here, Sportshot & Shooting Coach, looking for the mailman

19. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Okay folks - relax. I got my set in the mail today. I'm sure yours are not too far off.

Thanks Eugenio.

I know what we're watching tonight.

20. Shooting Coach

Got mine today, but am working on a kid's shotgun, so viewing will have to wait.

Thanks, Doc!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bunkerinstructionaldvds

rodolfo vigano abc of trapshooting