1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bunker trap instructional dvd

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jd6520, Sep 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jd6520

jd6520 TS Member

does anyone know where to get an instructional dvd on bunker trap(olympic trench)

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

This may be of interest...

http://dvd.ciao.co.uk/Down_The_Line_Trap_Shooting_With_Ian_Coley_And_Liam_Dale_DVD__5905507

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

Joe...

The DVD you reference is about DTL (Down the Line) or the British equilivant of ATA. I am not sure such a video on Bunker Trap Exists. Never seen one. I would refer the original poster to shotgunreport.com that has a section on Olympic Trap. It has a number of articles that you might find interesting. I am in the process of redoing the web page for Gator Skeet and Trap (www.gatorskeetandtrap.com) and plan to include a links page for all the sources of information that I have collected over the years on this subject. Give me some time though as we just got the site back up last week.

JD 6520 where are you located? Might be able to put you on to someone that can help.

TB

4. Allen Chubb

Allen Chubb Active Member

JD6520,

Actually there is a DVD totally dedicated to shooting Olympic Trap. It was created by Rodolfo Vigano, a highly accomplished and noted member of the Italian National Team. I had the great fortune to train with him this summer in Italy and he gave me a copy of his DVD. Coincidentally, I was just watching it a few minutes ago before I logged on to this site and saw this subject matter.

The DVD is an excellent instructional video for both young shooters and shooters new to the game. It covers many aspects of the game (Gun Fit, Stance, Sighting Plane, Gun positioning, etc.). There is a section on athletics for conditioning as well as stress management. The video was mainly shot at the Trap Concaverde range in Lonato, Italy, but there are parts shot at ranges all over Italy (Including the Perazzi Factory) and at several World Cup events.

The DVD is in English, Italian, Spanish and French. You can choose the language upon the DVD start up. The name of the DVD is "Come Rompere Un Piatello In Piu". The distributor of the video is in Torino, Italy and the name and adress is as follows:

Arcimbold E.

Casella Postale 482

Via Alfieri 10

10121 Torino Centro

Italy

Telephone: 01139-11-4039025

Email: info@arcimbold.net

Rodolfo is a very nice fellow. He speaks very good English and he gives lessons at both Trap Concaverde in Lonato and at the new range at Tiro A Volo Cieli Aperti near Bergamo. I can give you his cell phone number if you're interested to fly over to Italy and take some lessons from the man. It would be very well worth your while. I could also give you Giovanni "Johnny" Pellielo's number as well. Johnny also speaks very good English and he gives lessons at Trap Concaverde as well as his own range at Tiro A Volo San Giovanni at Vercelli (South of Milan). Our team spent a whole day with Johnny last year and it was a fabulous experience and a tremendously educational experience.

Good luck and please let me know if I can be of any further help to you in gaining knowledge about the game.

Best Regards,

Allen Chubb

5. jd6520

jd6520 TS Member

Thanks Allen and everyone else who took the time to reply to my thread much appreciated very useful info

6. jd6520

jd6520 TS Member

7. jd6520

jd6520 TS Member

ALLEN have tried the email you gave always returned as not available do you have an alternative email for this guy

8. Allen Chubb

Allen Chubb Active Member

JD6520,

That was the email address on the back of the DVD. The pro shop at the Lonato range was also selling them. You can contact them at the following email and website address. Ask for Marco Piovanelli, because he speak very good English:

info@piovanelli.it

www.piovanelli.it

They would be able to put it on your credit card and then ship it to you if they have any in stock.

I can give you Rodolfo's cell number if you send me an email, but I will not publish it over the internet.

Good Luck,

Allen Chubb

9. webley

webley TS Member

JD6520,
    I know of only two videos/DVD’s. One is called the ‘ABC of Trapshooting’ by Rodolfo Vigano which I think is the one Allen wrote about but with an English branded cover (the actual production is still in three languages). The company mentioned by Allen has a website:

http://www.arcimboldeb.com/en/armi/opera/didattica

I did an online purchase from them & the DVD arrived in a couple of days (to the UK).

The second is on ‘Universal Trench’ (very similar to OT) sold by a French company called something like ‘Telecharger’ – the soundtrack is only in French though. The video can be downloaded at modest cost – from memory the actual video is called ‘Fosse Universal’.

This French production covers the normal fit, stance & hold aspects plus shows the demonstrator tackling the various angles of target. Importantly for a newcomer to the discipline the video has several sequences of a full squad shooting & showing how the whole thing is done plus staged examples of things going wrong (misfires etc) with the correct procedures to adopt. As far as I can make out it doesn’t verbally go into the more advanced pros & cons of different styles – it just shows the essential basics but it’s a good introduction to what to expect & do at a UT/OT shoot – even for non French speakers as so much is visual.

As far as Rodolfo’s DVD is concerned it’s as Allen describes & it’s a ‘must have’ for anyone with a interest on Olympic Trap. Rodolfo Vigano is a superb trap-shooter & I’m sure an equally good coach. I’ve found that watching the DVD at regular intervals – especially where as he goes over the basic points – keeps me on the right track. It was only when I last watched the DVD that I realised I’d allowed my foot position to narrow a little too much over time; I reverted to what I should have been doing & noticed an improvement. Not having a coach around allows bad habits to creep in un-noticed!

The only slight negative aspect to part of the DVD is that some of the ‘over the shoulder’ footage of Rodolfo shooting has an over exposed background which makes it difficult to see the target plus the director tends to cut to a close-up of a clay breaking as soon as the shot is fired which means it’s impossible to see in some of the sequences how he continues his follow-through or how he would treat a clay needing a second barrel. The similar sequences of him shooting at Lonato (I think) where there’s a green mound in the background are ideal though.

His demonstrations of stance, fit etc are invaluable.

I do recommend the DVD - if I lost mine then I’d certainly buy a replacement.

Allen,

You mentioned you’d trained with Rodolfo. Could I ask – what’s the general format of a typical days training? Also from your experience what length of course would you recommend? (sadly the first 20 weeks 2008 is not an option!).

Regards

Russell

10. Turnpike Mike

Turnpike Mike TS Member

everyone,

I went to the website http://www.arcimboldeb.com/en/armi/opera/didattica and it shows $34 for the DVD - does that include shipping? or is it another $34 to ship to US?

11. webley

webley TS Member

Mike,
    As I read it (with poor Italian language skills) - it says that the shipping is:
    "Up to four DVD's for $34"
    "Up to nine DVD's for $40"
    "Over nine DVD's for $46"

I hope you get some good packing for that price!

I often send parcels from the UK to the US by airmail - ones of a similar weight to a couple of DVD's & the cost is more like $8 to $9

I still think the DVD is worth having but I can understand a reluctance to pay those postage prices just for one disc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bunkerinstructionaldvds

olympic bunker instructional videos
olympic trap instructional videos