1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bunker Trap in Florida???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Frank C, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Are there any Bunker trap fields located anywhere near Tampa? We have a day to kill and rather than shoot S Clays we would like to try Bunker? - Frank C

2. Frank C

Thanks FlaLa.....have you shot it?It is a bit of a hike from Gainesville...we'll see if we feel like driving that far...

3. Frank C

Jerry I will be in Tampa and available to shoot 1/30 and 1/31, we plan on shooting at Silver Dollar one day and Sporting Clays the next......where do you recommend for Clays in the Greater Tampa area?- Frank

4. Baber

Baber TS Member

Gator Skeet and Trap has the only Bunker in Florida. We actually have two. The latest is a brand new Nasta Trap bunker. Come on up and give it a try. Sure beats Sporten Clays. Click on the link above for a map and other information

Tom

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

Yep ... if I ever make it to Florida Gator Skeet and Trap is a place I most assuredly want to shoot at. A guy named Mr Inman told me they have the best skeet ranges in the state and the easiest to shoot Bunker in the whole state of Florida.

Tom ... hows Walt doing? We expect to see you along with him, Macy and a whole squad of people come April.

6. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I've shot Bunker at Gator.

The bunker shooters make you feel welcomed and quick to place you on a squad.

You can shoot your own ammo, even 1 1/8, or purchase at the club.

If you plan it right and want to make a full day of it, shoot bunker at Gator in the AM and than run over to Waccasassa Plantation for an afternoon of sporting clays before heading south, or the reverse depending on hours of operation. The Sporting Clays Course at Waccasassa is Open Monday through Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m

7. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Deer Creek Sporting Clays is just north of Tampa on Route 583 north of Land O Lakes. It's a first class sporting clays operation. They have 2 or perhaps 3 different courses you can shoot, depending on the difficulty level you want.

They also have 5-stand. Roger and Kathy Gascoigne are very friendly and helpful.

Click on the link above for more info. You'll enjoy shooting there. They hold registered sporting clays tournaments about once per month and hold many corporate outings/events. Go see them. You'll like it.

8. Frank C

I think we'll shoot Deer Creek one day......just a lots closer! Thanks for the info- FrankC

9. Frank C

Shor Deer Creek S Clays today, a great course, actually they have 3, a beginner, intermediate and a NSCA course, good birds, not crowded today either. Gets a thumbs up! Frank C

10. Baber

Baber TS Member

Sorry you missed an opportunity to shoot the bunker at Gator. The deer Creek course is great but bunker is better.

TB

11. Frank C

TIME!!! Maybe next time...

12. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Ditto to all above about Gator & Bunker Great Place Great People!! Jim W

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bunker trap land o lakes florida