1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bunker Trap Clinic

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Baber, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baber

Baber TS Member

The Gator Skeet and Trap Club is hosting a Olympic Trap Clinic by Bret Erickson. February 19-21, 2008. For further information go to our website or contact me via email.

Tom Baber

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

Tom ... I'm actually thinking of taking Brets class later this spring but need your honest opinion on something first. I know that 2 days is far better than 1 day but with the expenses of our sport and such would you say day 1 or day 2 would be better if you were only to take 1 day of clinic with him?

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

Lumper

I have done a couple of things with Bret. Both a 2 day as well I spent a couple of days with him in Texas in 2006.

Sportshot

Typically we shoot somewhere near 200 targets a day. Cost is $250 a day plus targets. Targets are at our normal member rate so figure about $40-50 per day. Taping something like this is nearly impossible.

Suggest you both dig out of the snow and come down.

Tom

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

Tom ... have no snow on the ground now and Bret will be giving a class within 25 miles of me later this year ... so why not come on up and take same advance classes after you get done with him in Feb? :)))

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

TBaber, Lumper: I'm still waiting!

Yo TBaber, Yo Lumper. You guys still out there? Well!------ I guess we know who is a stand up guy. Not you two.

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Tom ... is somebody waiting for something? Is there somebody out there?

7. Baber

Baber TS Member

shot410ga Waiting for what?

TB

8. lumper

lumper TS Member

I think it has something to do with some apology for someone in San Diego verifying that somebody years ago shot 2 perfect rounds of bunker with a single shot trap gun ... but the person who said he remembers that it happened had no idea of who the person was and the person who supposedly did it originally had no idea of anyones name that could actually verify it.

Somebody said it was done once and who knows if this person heard about it and wants to take credit for it since there was never any names mentioned or what but I think he is looking for some sort of apology for people who doubted him ... I would have and at this point its now after the fact ... I would only believe it if both parties had remembered names.

9. Baber

Baber TS Member

Oh yea.... this is the one where my BS meter broke. Now I remember. There ain't no way some walk on with a single barrel can shoot a 50 straight. If someone really trust worthy said it happen I would still question the bunker set up. Were the targets up to speed? Properly set etc? This game is way TOO tough for such a thing to happen.

TB

10. lumper

lumper TS Member

Mike ... Burger King and skeet? Dang ... at least you didn't say Krystal and skeet. ;-)

11. txnlegacy

txnlegacy TS Member

Hello Shooting Enthusiasts!
    If you are not shooting here, we hope you are enjoying your favorite sport somewhere today!

MONTHLY BUNKER SHOOT:Results are posted from all of our past monthly club bunker shoots. Our next monthly club shoot will be April 13, 2008 at 10 am. We are going to take a page from Gator Skeet and Trap Club, (Thank you, Tom Baber!), and make the shoot 3 rounds with everyone going on to the final. That way everyone gets practice on the sigle shot finals!

BAHAMA MAMA PTO:
    We will have an USA Shooting sanctioned PTO -Bahama Mama 2/15-2/17/08. This shoot is limited to the first 48 trap and first 48 skeet shooters. I still need to have more doubles shooters sign up before we can determine if we will have a doubles event. We will have Winchester AA's available for purchase. Our price is $70 a flat. Please pre-register to reserve your spot. Link is on our website calendar.

OLYMPIC SHOTGUN TRIALS:
    We will be hosting the Olympic Shotgun trials from 03/08-03/20/2008. You can sign up for this at www.usashooting.org iF YOU REGISTER IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS YOU MAY STILL GET A DISCOUNT.
    More information and sign up links are available on our website. Hope to see you in the beautiful Hill Country soon!

Warmly
    Deb Barney
    Event Coordinator
    Hill Country Shooting Sports Center, Inc.
    1886 Cypress Creek Road
    Kerrville, TX 78028
    830-995-5118 telephone
    830-995-2169 fax
    www.hillcountryshootingsports.com
    info@hillcountryshootingsports.com

12. Baber

Baber TS Member

13. Baber

Baber TS Member

14. Hatshooter

Hatshooter TS Member

TBaber --- You're tempting this newbie. Just how warm is it that time of year comparded to the frozen tundra of Tn. I need a road trip. Many Thanks

15. lumper

lumper TS Member

Hatshooter ... ya ever shoot at PG Counties bunker in Maryland?

Tom ... can ya take notes for me at the clinic?

16. Baber

Baber TS Member

Hatshooter...

The weather can be nice or not so nice. Typically we get 65-75 degree days during February. Come on down. If not for the clinic then for the Southeast Regional Shoot that weekend.

Lumper...

Would be pleased to take note however it will cost you $250 per day. Why don't you come on down and do the notes for yourself.

Tom

17. lumper

lumper TS Member

Tom ... $250 for a day vs. less than that for a day in April 25 or so miles away from me ... yeah Florida would be nice and getting a chance to shoot with Walt, Macy and you would be nice as well but ... well ... even if Walt were to give me a big wet smoochie on the cheek it still not quite worth it ... if ya know what I mean. ;-)

18. Baber

Baber TS Member

19. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

lumper,TBaber: I would come over and take all your money. If there was any money in Bunker. What a waste of time.

20. Baber

Baber TS Member

shot410ga

Ok... here is the deal... I will pay you $100 for a 25 in the single barrel final of any shoot you enter in this country this year.

All you have to do is show up and do it.

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.