1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bunker Trap at Cardinal Center

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by DuckDog, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

I had a chance to shoot my first round of bunker trap at Cardinal Center this past weekend. What a fun game! Way more difficult than standard ATA targets. The variable time delay on the doubles would certainly take some getting used to. That nasty little 1 meter hard left has probably spoiled a few good scores. Bring some extra shells the next time you come to Cardinal Center and give it try. Congrats to all our Team U.S.A. shooters!

Don Cogan

2. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Sorry to hear you were not one of what seems the so very many ATA shooters who try bunker and come up with busting scores of 24, 23 or 25's ... it is a much more difficult but fun and humbling yet slightly addictive true international style of trap.

3. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

Mr. Newbius,
    I broke 20 out of 25 singles. They were having a bit of difficulty setting up the machine when I shot doubles so only got to shoot at 8 pair. I broke 5 pair plus 3 first targets. I was shooting a 1 1/8 oz. ATA load not the lighter international load so my score was probably higher than it would have been if I were shooting legal shells. I do feel that some of the elite ATA shooters would make very good international shooters. I am equally sure that our U.S.A. international shooters could be very good ATA shooters. I just love to shoot, I will leave the debate to others.

Don

4. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

The electronics worked perfect for me. The only problem we had was when one of traps on post 1 got jambed up. Apparently if one machine goes down there is no way to continue shooting singles until it is fixed. We switched to doubles since they are thrown from the post 3 traps. The whole thing is very impressive. I can understand why there are not very many bunkers around given the cost to build them. The set-up is like a deluxe five stand on steriods! They were charging $6.00 per round of 25. You really have to try it to believe they can throw a target that fast and that wide!

Don

5. dawg

dawg TS Member

I shot one round of doubles and 2 rounds of singles. Man what a blast. The doubles delay is a bummer, but still fun. You have gotta admit 16s get kinda old, I did manage to break my first ever 200 straight this past weekend. I can't wait to shoot the bunker again. How about some type of bunker event at the Ohio State Shoot.

6. buster's mom

buster's mom Member

The bunker trap is a wonderful addition to this great club. Mr. Fishburn just keeps making a tremendous facility even greater. My husband and two daughters shot the bunker trap 4 out of the 5 days we were there and enjoyed every minute of it. Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make this such a fantastic event.

7. Baber

Baber TS Member

We have been adding 2-4 new bunkers every ear for sometime. I addition to the Cardinal bunker there has been a new one added in Tennessee this year as well.

Tom

8. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

The singles system didn't work, so I shot doubles with my sporting gun. A good ATA doubles gun would work better. I shot .032 and .040 choke. Mod/Full would have been better. I'm not saying what score I shot, but I'll be back.

9. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

What Sportshot said! Thank heavens the secret is getting out.

Those of us who run multiple 100 straights have GOT to be a little bored with the targets.

Even at my advanced age, when puttering in my Cadillac down the interstate, sometimes I would like to drive a Shelby Mustang down a winding road!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.