1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bunker Trap at Cardinal Center

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by The Rock, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Yep it is true as we all saw. New bunker trap going in at Cardinal center.

Rock

Jim

2. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

New shelters at each bank this year also.

Rock

Jim

3. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

I find it amazing too. Mr Fishburn doesn't shoot trap, and has no gun background that I know of, but he continues to support the sport. You can tell he gets a kick out of the whole thing.

4. mad frank

mad frank TS Member

Hey Mike, I was at Cardinal Center today shooting singles on the practice trap and was checking out the progress on the new bunker. Was told today that it should be in operation for the Cardinal Classic in August, weather permitting. I haven't shot bunker since 1993. It was at a bunker in Kelly AFB in San Antonio TX. I am anxiously eager to get back into it again. If you ever get to Ohio to shoot just look me up and you'll have a place to stay.

F

5. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Yep Mr. Fishburn walked around smiling and talking to anyone that even looked like they were having a good time.

You would not guess he is the owner of most of the county and the nicest guy you will meet all day.

If you see him say hi he will talk as long as you will.

Rock

Jim

6. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

Where is Cardinal Center located? It looks like a great facility. I'm sure there would be a lot more shooters that would gain an interest in this form of clay target shooting if there were more bunker installations around. As it is our nearest bunker is 150 miles away at a very active clay target club, yet is not used a whole lot. It is located at the Coon Creek Trap Club owned by George and Joan Ahart near the city of Roseville, north and east of Sacramento, CA. I believe it was installed to provide sanctioned practice and review of several very talented young shooters with Olympic aspirations in the area.

Thanks for your info.

Larry

7. primer

primer TS Member

How do you shoot Bunker Trap

8. hairy

hairy TS Member

Nice pics Rock.

9. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

"I thought this was the Meca. .the motherland"

Oh you wanted green grass? It's got that too. LOL

Rock

Jim

10. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

bullfrog,

click on the above link and then go to articles. there are some excellent articles there about the international game and how to make the transition from ATA style.

the international version is a hoot and very difficult.

we have an annual ironman shoot in which we shoot every game at the club, sporting, trap singles and handicap, wobble doubles, skeet, 5 stand and bunker. the event brings in a good crowd of top shooters and the lowest overall scores are on the bunker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.