1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bunker: shell in gun when switching stations

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ESMDHokie, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ESMDHokie

ESMDHokie TS Member

With the constant moving from station to station in olympic trap/bunker, are O/U guns allowed to keep a shell in the barrel when open if you get the bird on the first shot?

2. BunkerGuy

BunkerGuy TS Member

It is permissible to have shells in your open O/U when moving between stations 1 - 5. It is a Red Card (disqualification) safety violation to have a shell(s) in the gun when moving from station 5 to 1 -- just like it is in ATA/PITA. There is no warning/second chance with this: safety is taken extremely seriously.

The 2009 rules covering this are at www.issf.tv. In the upper left hand corner, click on rules. Warning: this is a 5mb (pdf)file. Alternatively, www.usashooting.com has it in a Microsoft Word file.

For a description on how a round is shot, see www.bunkershooting.com/tyro.html

- - Bill

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Ho boy...expect a lot of crap on this (but it's true). Now before everybody gets started...remember the question was posed for BUNKER...not ATA, and not "your individual club."

4. Loyac

Loyac Member

NO!!! Be safe! Make others around you feel safe! John

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

This rule is one of the reasons why the UGB25 was developed.

ec90t

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Generally, Bunker is shot by experienced shooters. The rule allows a shell in an open gun as stated in an earlier post.

When in Rome,,,,,

7. mike-israel

mike-israel TS Member

I have shot Bunker since i moved to Israel in 1974.

I did find it strange to move from stations 1-5 with a shell in the unfired chamber. But by now thats the way I do it like everyone else.

Of course station 5 move t0 1 empt chambers.

Thats the way they do it...natural now.

Back in NA have to remeber its differant.

MIKE

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Bunker Guy has it correct.. 1-5 is OK.. 5 to 1.. you're off the line..

9. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Bunkerguy is NOT correct that ATA & PITA rules are the same as bunker. Gun must be empty when moving between any stations/posts. For singles and handicap shooter can only load 1 shell.

Jason

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Another reason the Bunkers tell trapshooters how great their sport is on here all the time.

Don

11. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

What's the matter lildonnie - you sound bitter. Bunker shooter got your goat?

12. webley

webley TS Member

Bryce,

I didn't realise that when shooting DTL in New Zealand you moved position after every shot. I assumed you shot 5 from each stand & then moved - as they do for DTL in the UK & Ireland. Why do you think the rules in NZ changed? What about in Australia?

Bigdon,

The replies to the original post were reasonable answers to a question. I don't think anyone passed a comment about how much better or worse Olympic Trap is compared to ATA (or DTL for that matter).

ESMDHokie,

Back on subject - the same rules as regards changing position after each shot & cartridges in the OPEN gun when moving from 1 through to 5, also apply to Universal Trap (a 5 trap version of OT); Double Trap & ABT.

Regards
    Russell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.