1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bunker / international trap load?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rastoff, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

I'm told that Bunker shooters use loads traveling around 1300FPS. I know that they are limited to 24grams (7/8oz) for the load.

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

For a round or three of practice to see if you like it, your regular trap loads are just fine, including for your 2nd shots: a bird can't outrun your 1145.

If you want to load up some 7/8oz 'bunker loads' using Remington hulls, you have a lot of wad choices: Win-GREY (& clones), Rem T-12, Fed 12SO will all work fine.

± 18gn of 700X or 19gn of RD will get your velocity up. Check the powder company for specific drops. About any 'shotgun' powder will work, including GD & PB if that's what you have on hand. If you are a pistol-shooter, 17gn of Bullseye makes a mighty special international bullet.

Be prepared to be VERY surprised at how well 1300+ fps 24gm loads break targets.

Bob

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

24 grams at 1350 fps is what I've been shooting for pretty much everything over here.

Clays or Claydot should be OK

4. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

My bunker loads are 19.5 grains of Clay Dot. They chrono in the low 1300's. I'm using STS/Nitro or AA hulls with the pink Downrange XXL wad.

You already have the right powder - make some up and see how you like them. I think you'll like shooting them. Assuming your gun fits properly and you don't have the muzzle flipping around all over the place then the recoil won't take you out of the 2nd shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bunker trap loads

international bunker trap muzzle velocity
international trap load
loads for bunker trap