1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bunker Birds Flying @ PPGC!!!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SongDogSniper, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

Yesterday @ approx 100pm the 1st bunker bird was called for and shot at Pikes Peak Gun Club!!!

There are a few "bugs" to work out, paint to be applied, and all targets need to be set. But all 15 machines threw good looking targets, computer worked great, and all mics worked with only one or two miscalls.

I will update here as I get news. And look for an official public Grand Opening soon!!!!
    I believe there were a few pics taken, so I will post them if I can track them down.

Can't wait to try my hand at this game!!!!!
    Gene.

2. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

A few pics.

3. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

4. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

5. the old guy

the old guy TS Member

Fantastic. Is there going to ba another bunker at Falcon?

6. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

Old Guy -- You're probably thinking of our club. We're about 10-12 miles south of Falcon off of Hwy 94 straight east of Colorado Springs.

Gene.

7. Baber

Baber TS Member

Great... Glad to hear we have another bunker. My only question is where is the roof?

Tom

8. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

TBaber--- The 5 shooters are standing on it. Just not painted yet. That's part of the remaining things to do. We're just happy we're seeing birds in the air.

9. Bob Butler

Bob Butler Active Member

Great job guys. That is a lot of work. Any pictures of construction? If I missed a previous thread I apologize.
    Very nice flat shooting site. Any details would be great.

Again, nice work.

10. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

Bob----There were some posted a year or more ago by a member that has since passed. This has been a 1 year & then some process. I'm proud of our guys pushing through lots of obstacles to get it done.

What's the saying? Good things come to those who wait!!!!

I'm posting from my phone so searching for them isn't working so good for me.
    Once I get to a computer I'll try to find them and post a link.

Gene

11. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

Outstanding!

I hope to try it this coming spring.

Voolfie

12. Baber

Baber TS Member

Me think you don't undrestand my comment..... Where is the roof over the firing line?

Tom

13. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

Tom -- Sorry. Yea. I didn't understand. There isn't a shelter at the posts. This is in Colorado where we get 7-10 inches of rain a year. The OTC bunker here also does not have a shelter.

Although, I'd personally love the shade in July/August on the line. Hmmmmm. Wonder if I can get that pushed thru the board?

Gene.

14. Baber

Baber TS Member

The USAS bunkers don't have covers because they are on skeet fields. We had a few guys that fought the covers but now are very pleased especially during the summer.

T

15. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

Tom---- I agree that we'd all love that shelter. But as we all know, the dollars dictate what you can do. Maybe this isn't a good comparison, as a gun club, we bought a Z06 Vette although we'd love to have a Ferrari.

Once the bunker is fully operational we'll have that, 9 Traps, 5 skeet fields, 10 post sporting clays course, a 5-stand, and rifle/pistol range ranging out to 200 yards over 7 burms.

Maybe we'll get that shelter yet!!!!

Gene.

16. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

I don't think that Int'l Trap Shooters who make the final at a World Cup level (or higher) event are allowed to shoot under cover anymore because of the ISSF's TV rules. None of the finals that I've watched over the last year have shown any.

A roof over the shooting stations used to be the mark of a nice club, but I don't think they're that important anymore.

And, of course, most clubs have space issues, so a bunker is usually going to be overlaid with a Skeet field. That means either a high, recessed roof that isn't going to provide much protection (against inclement weather) anyway - or removable cover(s) that don't provide much protection.

Besides, I don't know any bunker shooter in the U.S. who'd turn his nose up at a facility because it didn't have a roof over the shooting stations. We're simply tickled to have another bunker operational.

Great job and kudos to Pikes Peak!

J.F. Wolfington
    Wilmington, Delaware

17. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

cannot wait till ours is up and running at the Minneapolis GunClub. Just a thousand new stock holders needed.

Congrats guys and gals in Colorado

18. JACK

cannot wait till ours is up and running at the Minneapolis GunClub. Just a thousand new stock holders needed.

Congrats guys and gals in Colorado

19. JACK

I'm anxious. Can you tell?

20. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

J.F. ---- Thank you for your support.

We've had quite a few Intl shooters come from around here. OTC locality helping I'm sure. We also have some ATA All-Americans out of here. We also figured the mileage to another bunker, this was a great location as a destination training site. Besides, it's simply a hoot to shoot!!!!

I sure hope it grows. And grows big!!!! Besides if you have a bad day, how can you best get over it other than looking up and seeing our Colorado Rocky Mountains!!!

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.