1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bumpbuster Recoil System

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Matt Stockwell, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt Stockwell

Matt Stockwell Member

I am looking into buying one of the adjustable recoil reductions systems. The bumpbuster seems to be the one that has caught my eye. I talked to the owner Ken. He seems like a great guy and very certain his product will work. I just wanted to hear opinions from some folks that have the bumpbuster on there guns. How much do they really reduce felt recoil? Are they easy to adjust and maintain? Does the movement of the comb along you cheek cause any problems? Any other insight would also be very helpful.

Thanks in advance,
    Matt

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Matt, I put one on my Perazzi, and it really worked well.

As for movement on your cheek, it isn't noticable like a PFS stock. You don't feel it move.

As for adjustments, I've never had to do anything.

Ken has a winner when he came up with the Bumpbuster.

Hauxfan!

3. bkms

bkms Member

Matt, I had a Guerini that kicked like a mule till i had one put on. That tamed it. He also did an adjustable comb and did a great job. Once you set it up for yourself your done. I did have a problem with a screw coming loose but with locktite that problem went away. Besides that, it worked flawless.

4. chipking

chipking TS Member

Ditto all the other comments about the Bump Buster and Ken. I am very pleased with mine and have had zero problems with the unit.

--- Chip King ---

5. cafowler

cafowler Member

I was looking at a Gracoil, but coudn't find anyone to install it in N Calif. I had Ken install his BumpBuster the day before the Nationals last fall. I love it and happy with the product. The year before I shot about 1,000 rounds of Rem Nitro's. By Sun, I was dreading every pull of the trigger. I was very sore and bruised by the time it was over. Last fall I shot about 1250 rounds of the same Nitro's and didn't feel any different on Sun as the first day. I think it makes a huge difference. It doesn't make recoil go away entirely. If I have some bad mounts, I'll still feel it the end of the day, but this is about a 200% improvement over what I had before. I shoot a light 686, which is a field gun, so there just isn't near the mass a DT or K-80 has to counter the recoil. If you can go to see Ken at his shop he'll let you shoot his gun before you decide. I could tell a difference in feel when I first had it put on, kind of like the gun is falling apart. I have a neoprene pad on the stock and don't feel anything on my cheek, just the collapse of the unit is noticable at first. By the end of Nationals on Sun, I don't even notice it. I havn't had to adjust anything. It could probably use some cleaning and lube though.

One of the best decisions I've ever made!!

6. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Does Ken still offer the unit with the comb that will move with the recoil reducer? I could have missed it but I didn't see the last time I visited his web site.

7. Matt Stockwell

Matt Stockwell Member

Thanks for all the replys. I think I am going to send my gun to Ken in a couple of weeks. Sounds like a great product and I am really looking forward to it.

Hunter44 - I talked to Ken a few days ago and he told me that ne no longer makes the unit with the comb that moves with the recoil reducer because there was no demand for it. Apparently the bumpbuster moves so little (.20") that it is not necessary to provide added comfort to the cheek. He certainly can do a adjustable comb in additon to doing a bump buster. I hope that I got all that correct and that it helps.

Thanks again,
    Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bump buster review

bumpbuster recoil loose

bumpbuster recoil system